Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
I have been trying to install metasploit from this http://www.knownokia.ca/2010/01/metasploit-on-n900.html.
1.first of all simlinking fails
2.I avoided that step and decompressed msf.tar.bz2 at home/user
3.How should i start the msf console from the terminal

your help is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

Extract it on pc then move the folder to

Code:
/home/user/
then open xterminal

Code:
/home/user/msf3/
then all you do is type

Code:
ruby1.8 msfconsole
thats it ...

Originally Posted by udaychaitanya16 View Post
I have been trying to install metasploit from this http://www.knownokia.ca/2010/01/metasploit-on-n900.html.
1.first of all simlinking fails
2.I avoided that step and decompressed msf.tar.bz2 at home/user
3.How should i start the msf console from the terminal

your help is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
Extract it on pc then move the folder to

Code:
/home/user/
then open xterminal

Code:
/home/user/msf3/
then all you do is type

Code:
ruby1.8 msfconsole
thats it ...
1.Thank you for the help.But actually i have extracted msf.tar.bz2 in my N900 itself and placed it in /home/user/ correctly,and then typed the command,that has been given in the installation guide of rapid7 community.It didnt help though.

2.Secondly, after your post,i extracted the same file in my Ubuntu pc and placed in home/user/ of the device,and became root,typed /home/user/msf3
The result is -sh: cd: cant cd to home/user/msf3

3.I assume i am committing a basic mistake in understanding linux commands or i might have missed something but i dont know what it is.

4.I have installed every optified deb correctly and finally the msf.tar.bz2.Should i install some thing more?

5.I am very happy you answered my noob post.

6.Finally,Yes,if i venture into metasploit level i will atleast become adept with linux

Last edited by udaychaitanya16; 2011-11-22 at 07:30.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
It seems you missen a / at the beginning of /home/user/msf/

The result is -sh: cd: cant cd to home/user/msf3
What depencies has msf3? Where did you get those debs?

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
It seems you missen a / at the beginning of /home/user/msf/

What depencies has msf3? Where did you get those debs?
I have downloaded everything from http://www.knownokia.ca/2010/01/metasploit-on-n900.html.

When i have extracted msf.tar.bz2 ,there is a folder called metasploit-n900.I have placed it in home/user

I have seen all in that directory,it seems nothing more to be extracted and there is no msf3 in that.

should i have to download it separately? What i thought was Simon has trimmed down msf3.

Thank you.

EDIT: 1. I have libopenssl-ruby,ruby_1.8.5_armel-optified.deb,rubygems_0.9.2_armel.deb,ruby-sqlite3_1.2.1_armel.deb already installed.
2. The path to home/user is correct and i can go into that,and am able to see metasploit-n900 folder

Last edited by udaychaitanya16; 2011-11-22 at 08:52.

inside metasploit-n900 folder you should see the folder msf3 move that to /home/user i had issues trying to get it run when i left it inside metasploit-n900 folder ....

I didnt install the debs from the post i downloaded lastest ruby an latest metasploit an compiled them both that way ...

tobe honest was such a nightmare i cant really remember whole process i used to get it going ... it does work great thou

found it this is how i sorted it
Code:
Iinstall ruby gems from source , then latest metasploit framework .

then 

apt-get install ruby1.8 irb1.8 rdoc1.8 libopenssl-ruby1.8 subversion

Originally Posted by udaychaitanya16 View Post
I have downloaded everything from http://www.knownokia.ca/2010/01/metasploit-on-n900.html.

When i have extracted msf.tar.bz2 ,there is a folder called metasploit-n900.I have placed it in home/user

I have seen all in that directory,it seems nothing more to be extracted and there is no msf3 in that.

should i have to download it separately? What i thought was Simon has trimmed down msf3.

Thank you.

EDIT: 1. I have libopenssl-ruby,ruby_1.8.5_armel-optified.deb,rubygems_0.9.2_armel.deb,ruby-sqlite3_1.2.1_armel.deb already installed.
2. The path to home/user is correct and i can go into that,and am able to see metasploit-n900 folder

Last edited by stevomanu; 2011-11-22 at 14:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=stevomanu;1127368]inside metasploit-n900 folder you should see the folder msf3 move that to /home/user i had issues trying to get it run when i left it inside metasploit-n900 folder ....

Really its annoying much.I cant really see msf3 anywhere in metasploit-n900 folder.I have searched all the folder.Im sorry bothering you.

edit: I too have downloaded metasploit but it was like metasploit installer.run file.I dont know waht to do with that in N900.i gave up that method.if you could advice me i will do that.

Last edited by udaychaitanya16; 2011-11-22 at 14:16.

happy to help , listen my advice is delete all metasploit folders on phone , re-download metasploit framework from there site an same with ruby an ruby gems .. extract them on pc if any issue after that p,ost back here your issues ..

[QUOTE=udaychaitanya16;1127377]
Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
inside metasploit-n900 folder you should see the folder msf3 move that to /home/user i had issues trying to get it run when i left it inside metasploit-n900 folder ....

Really its annoying much.I cant really see msf3 anywhere in metasploit-n900 folder.I have searched all the folder.Im sorry bothering you.

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
ok. I willl do that and report back.Thank you very much