Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by wonger View Post
Hi,

This is happening to me. After I reindexed tracker.
yes, I reset the tracker database, too, before it started happening. i recall i had a tracker-related problem after upgrading to PR1.3, that's why i did it... and then this issue started.

But how are tracker and RSS feeds related?

Last edited by benny1967; 2013-01-19 at 09:21.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
yes, I reset the tracker database, too, before it started happening. i recall i had a tracker-related problem after upgrading to PR1.3, that's why i did it... and then this issue started.

But how are tracker and RSS feeds related?
No idea. Fact is, after I reset tracker, my RSS feeds were gone from the native Feeds app. So I proceeded to re-add them back and turns out that when it updates, it's updating more than what I have in my RSS list! Perhaps it's picking up from previous list. No idea if it is related to tracker or not but that's what's happening.

Any luck on your side in resolving this?

~wonger

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
I fixed this extra feed problem - which appears after resetting the tracker - by unsubscribing all feeds and then purging a config file, which i now can't remember. It was probably ~/.config/feedreader/eventssubscriptions.conf.

Problem happens because of stupid design where both tracker AND separate config file are both storing the feed information. So basically you unsubscribed all feeds by resetting the tracker, but config file still has the old feed count, thus mismatch between number of downloaded and actually existing feeds.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
I fixed this extra feed problem - which appears after resetting the tracker - by unsubscribing all feeds and then purging a config file, which i now can't remember. It was probably ~/.config/feedreader/eventssubscriptions.conf.

Problem happens because of stupid design where both tracker AND separate config file are both storing the feed information. So basically you unsubscribed all feeds by resetting the tracker, but config file still has the old feed count, thus mismatch between number of downloaded and actually existing feeds.
SUCCESS! Thanks to ladoga's tip/clue. Now I wish someone can change the thread title to SOLVED].

So, for all those having this issue, do the following:
  1. Navigate to /user/.config/feedreader folder.
  2. Delete eventssubscriptions.conf file.

Please note that the above actions will delete your current RSS feeds. If you want, you can backup your existing feeds manually (as in write them down on paper) and add them back in later (or maybe you can just edit the conf file but them being UIDs, no idea which feeds are which).

Hope that helps.

~wonger

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
worked for me, thanks a lot.

unfortunately i wanted to make sure and reset/deleted everything else that led to the problem earlier... this included a tracker reset. now my contacts are gone and not even a sync can re-add them. well... next adventure.

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, but the device is creating duplicate entries on the event feed.

First, it will create a single, correct entry. The next time that particular feed source updates with a new feed entry, the new entry will be created a single, correct time, but the earlier entry will also be created a second time. This results in a duplicate entry, with same time stamp, text, photos, etc. of the first entry.

But it doesn't stop there.

Each time the feed source updates, another duplicate is created of each existing entry, so there will next be triple entries, quadruple entries, etc.

This duplicate problem initially only impacted the Cutetube event feed entries, but has started affecting all feeds since a recent event that wiped pictures, messages, and contacts. As far as potential causes of this instability, I don't know, but it seems like the N9 is 'forgetting' that the earlier feed posts have already been placed and do not need to be duplicated.

I am hoping for a fix, but anything you can tell me about the specific file paths relevant to the event feed functionality (so I can check for obvious duplication issues), how tracker may be involved, potential relationship between this and my broken native RSS feed app, or ANY OTHER ideas, logs, etc. that you can think of would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to avoid reflashing if at all possible.

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
It happened to my Facebook and Twitter feeds once. I reinstalled both and the problem has not reappeared since. Hope that helps...

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
It happened to my Facebook and Twitter feeds once. I reinstalled both and the problem has not reappeared since. Hope that helps...
What is the command to reinstall stock Facebook app?

Same thing happened to me last year. First, turn off all notifications on the notification/feed screen in settings, then remove the RSS and accounts providing notification etc. Reboot and install/setup previous RSS and accounts. Lastly, re-enable the notifications on the notification/feed screen. Let me know how it goes.
I'm pretty sure there is another way to do it, but I can't think of it at the moment.
Btw "apt-get install facebook" to reinstall Facebook.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2013-02-08 at 02:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hacker,

Your thread has been merged here; solution on post 64

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-02-08 at 04:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: