I got a problem with streaming YouTube videos. After around 30sec to a minute of watching the video gets cut off and the progress bar starts "loading" indefinitely. It's possible to quit the video and restart it to watch a bit more until it stops again.

Has anyone had this problem? Interestingly it seems to be a YouTube problem only. Sites like Vimeo and Youku (Chinese YouTube) don't have this problem.

I'm using the standard browser/YouTube app.

I have this too, thought it was my connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to unoace For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unoace View Post
I have this too, thought it was my connection.
And I though the Chinese government is after me. Well at least I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone with this..

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Oh, how cute! However, this app is banned in China so I have no access to downloading it. Does it have it's own video player? Those with a .deb in their hands please PM =) *desperado*

Last edited by chiappa; 2013-04-25 at 15:29.

I don't know what happened but I suddenly have cutetube on my phone. And the result >> I can download videos and watch them in one sitting. Half the achievement but already feels good=)

Streaming videos don't work. Just tries to load up the stream until a "Cannot play video" message pops up.

And I'm pretty convinced it's not the government this time either.. Incredibly you can set a socks5 proxy in the cutetube settings, which is how I jump the great firewall to be able to access utube in the first place.

If any ideas how I could debug the stream problem, please lemme know.

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9, videos, youtube