Active Topics

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
You all understand, that this is going to be substitute for a brain for majority of smartphone users. Smartphones are getting smarter, users are getting dumber. Perfect balance.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arcticrobot For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
You all understand, that this is going to be substitute for a brain for majority of smartphone users. Smartphones are getting smarter, users are getting dumber. Perfect balance.
More muscle != more brain, but yes, I agree

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Sounds good but I dunno. I think I'm going to wait for octo core...

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
OFFTOPIC:
Yea an offtopic but related question,
I've seen that the ULP GeForce GPU on the Tegra II has six whooping cores, while the mali 400 on the Exynos chipset encompasses only 4 cores. However, the mali 400 outperforms the GeForce in most if not all benchmarks, would love to know why.

ONTOPIC:
I wonder what the Next Gen. Adreno will bring, because today I really refuse to buy any phone with a QUALCOMM + Adreno setup...

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
What a load of empty, meaningless waffle.

Makes perfect sense

I think everyone should use TI as the benchmark for chipsets.
They've consistently provided the middle-weight in these categories starting from ARM11, 500MHz Cortex A8, 3630, Cortex A9... and probably the A15 category.

Eg/ 3630 is above 1st Snapdragon, on-par with Apple A4, below Hummingbird. The Tegra2 is below the OMAP44 series, Exynos is on-par, Apple A5 is slightly higher.