Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
I have the strong feeling, that that whole "Jolla Adventures" thing scared the investor of.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Seriously? Do you think any investor is investing money in any company without getting money back later on? And now Jolla want even more money? Cmon? its time realize facts the world is built around money and no one doing stuff for free.
Here's a fun fact #19500: I worked at a startup company once that had not sold a single item and was burning money for 8 years! When I was leaving, there was still no sign if that trend reversing any time soon. And guess what? Investors were happy to continue pouring money in.

Compare it to Jolla that sold its first batch of phones two years after starting. And received 12000 orders for the tablets. Yes, they do not make money as quickly as one would hope but to say they do not make any money at all is a bit of an exaggeration.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I have the strong feeling, that that whole "Jolla Adventures" thing scared the investor of.
Yeah, id say intentionally but that d be delusional.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Here's a fun fact #19500: I worked at a startup company once that had not sold a single item and was burning money for 8 years! When I was leaving, there was still no sign if that trend reversing any time soon. And guess what? Investors were happy to continue pouring money in.

Compare it to Jolla that sold its first batch of phones two years after starting. And received 12000 orders for the tablets. Yes, they do not make money as quickly as one would hope but to say they do not make any money at all is a bit of an exaggeration.
I had a similar experience. The world is full of money.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, speaking of operating in the red. I just found your perfect investor!

http://www.ibtimes.com/amazon-nearly...m-care-1513368

What should I charge for my finders fee? A free Jolla 2 phone?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
There's no way they wouldn't have known about it in advance. They're probably part of it, and it was a carrot to broaded their Jolla investment.

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
There's no way they wouldn't have known about it in advance. They're probably part of it, and it was a carrot to broaded their Jolla investment.
If they knew about it, there's either another reason, and it definitely has not been intentional (to scare them off, I mean). Perhaps the investor really lost chance to keep up. It happens; its unlikely, but it happens.

That would be bad luck; first loosing the platform, then loosing an investor; if this is the case, then there's definitely hope for december to find another investor.

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
I had a similar experience. The world is full of money.
likewise. startups can spend as much money as the investors think they'll need to turn the profit they want.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
okay... I'm confused here. An outreach program is now seen as a negative? Am I missing something?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
If I continued pouring millions into a company and then saw the founders of said company spending my money on something else, I might also be slightly put out. Having said that, I agree with billranton: I find it hard to believe that the whole adventure thingy came out of the blue to them.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund