Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by idoru78 View Post
Also seems to be a Data counter in settings\phone that also counts roaming data separately too. I'm sure there wasn't one in there before ( that i didn't have to install myself)
Think you're right. Added to the list. Thank you.

Also, am i right in thinking Call Forwarding wasn't available before? Or have I just missed it until now.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Hmm.

Moving emails worked in 1.1.1, I did it yesterday.

Also, what do you mean only one image to an email? I attached multiple files before? Also, it's not in the 1.2 changelog?
Before if you wanted to send more than 1 photo/image in an email you had to attach them seperately I thought. So you click "share" via email on an image the email clients open up. Then to attach a second image you had to find the file name through the file directories. Difficult and annoying for multiple files.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
So I need to email my photos to other people, step up from not using photo's, but still useless to me as no one I would send a photo to, can access emails on their phone.

Looking at the change log it is all Skype and then some stuff. Nothing that I need or care about, like MMS, different contact ring tones, Ovi maps with talking navigation. And fixes for some niggling things but things I can live passed.

Why would share in file manager be something to like? I can't see a use for it.

Ovi suite work yet so I can sync my calendar? Anyone tried?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
I dont want to slide my keyboard for searching. This is where that option "Search" comes handy. Silly, they removed it completely assuming every N900 user uses N900 with Slide out keyboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post:
I can't use ussd neither move items on the menu and I have the 1.2 verstion.... or the 3.2010.02-8.002 whatever you want to call it.

My bad. To re-arrange icons you have to click and hold ANY icon on the menu and the option to re-arrange pops up.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I had to send my N900 for repairs today so only had about 5 minutes of playing around with the new firmware. Couple of things though:

1. The new search function in application manager - is it just me or is this one of the dumbest ideas Nokia have ever come up with? I may be wrong but you can only search by application name and you have to use the start of the name. Correct? So if you are looking for msn pecan for example you have to type msn to get anything. If you type pecan you lose. Also you can no longer search by application description.
Just tested this. Any word that you type in the entry box in the All Apps menu also searches the description of an App. Maybe you already had pecan installed its why it didnt show up?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
What I hate is that in the same time to get pr 1.2 google gets a major release of android. At this rate meego will not stand up to android.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
I can't use ussd neither move items on the menu and I have the 1.2 verstion.... or the 3.2010.02-8.002 whatever you want to call it.

My bad. To re-arrange icons you have to click and hold ANY icon on the menu and the option to re-arrange pops up.
well thats not pr1.2, 3.2010.02-8.002 is pr 1.1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to leviathan18 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ehab View Post
What I hate is that in the same time to get pr 1.2 google gets a major release of android. At this rate meego will not stand up to android.
Android is a young OS, still maturing. it needs a lot of releases but if you look at Froyo 2.2 there are many superficial changes (nice to have but not major). Flash 10.1 is a great feature though.

I think what you have to think about is the intent of the user. Meego users will probably be people who like comprehensive functionality in a tablet/computing device. Android still cannot handle multi tasking very well, is very data intensive (always online type phone) and is following iphone in its users base.

I can use my N900 offline all day long and not get bored.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Sharing multiple images over e-mail works like this in PR 1.1.1.:

* Open "Images"
* Drop down the additional options from top bar of screen
* Choose "Share (images)"

The app now allows you to choose as many images as you like. When you're done, press "Share" on the top bar. You will now be prompted to share the pics via Bluetooth, a service like FB orl by e-mail.

This is how I've done it so far.

EDIT: Oh, and integrated FB chat has been in as well for a long time. I would bet that it was in since day #1, as I remember being fustrated about it because I had though MSN would be native, not silly FB.

Last edited by cjp; 2010-05-26 at 16:04.