Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
he was no MeeGo advocate he's just a crazy Mother FXXXer, btw he was a problem at Nokia before Nokia's move to Windows Phone, the guy is insane.
check is previous Jobs they guy is obsessed with personal Microsoft hate, hes left previous job's b/c of this obsession.

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-09-22 at 15:57.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
If you really want to understand what the Nokia CTO office needs to do then you need to think of the whole Nokia strategy, not just the Microsoft partnership on Windows Phone. What about the "next billion" strategy where Qt is a central piece? What about those future disruptions? The CTO needs to gear Nokia innovation into those directions. The Microsoft partnership is an important piece of the cake but I'd say for the CTO is not even the most critical one since other pieces rely primarily on Nokia's innovation alone.

Then I'd also recommend you to read this before you type "MeeGo" again in relation to Nokia.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
What about the "next billion" strategy where Qt is a central piece? What about those future disruptions?
Yeah what about it, care to give some info?

Officially we have not heard much from nokia in this regard. And for us high-end smartphone buyers the "next billion" hardly matters. Don't want to buy a 1ghz s40 swipe phone in 2 years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
It's ok if you don't know about the plans and ongoing activities Nokia hasn't disclosed and it's also ok if you personally only care about the expensive devices you can afford. This thread is about the new Nokia CTO and I just wanted to give some perspective about the plans and the products his office needs to support and bring forward successfully.

About the "next billion" I can only say that I might be among them, as well as some of the people reading this thread. Looking forward to your reactions when the announcements are made.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: