Notices

OK first Maemo project for me. I've been messing around with Gambatte for the last couple of days to get my feet wet with Maemo, and I think it's quite playable, I've racked up quite a few hours on Pokemon . The front end is based on PyBoy made by Aisu here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13824

I think the .deb should work, it does on my os2007 n800. Anyway here it is http://chaoticbob.nfshost.com/maemo/....2-1_armel.deb

Oh and this might be better in the dev forum but does anyone know how to make it so an app doesn't appear in the application list but does appear in the task list. At the moment there is an entry for Gambatte that doesn't do anything .

[EDIT] See below for the mucho-improved version [/EDIT]

Last edited by ChaoticBob; 2008-01-21 at 05:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaoticBob For This Useful Post:
sweet! im going to have to give this a try when i get home. (im traveling right now.) thanks for the contribution.

got it working runs okay on my n810. any way i can map the keys to my n810 keyboard.

Ok here's the new version.

Improvements:
New Emulator, Gnuboy, runs considerably faster, 3x mode quite usable.

In-game menu, press the menu key, allows for the next feature.

State saving and loading! If 6 slots isn't enough I can easily increase it.

Heres the .deb http://chaoticbob.nfshost.com/maemo/...13-1_armel.deb

I strongly recommend you uninstall PyBoy before you install this one, just to eliminate any potential conflicts.

Known issues:

It can occasionally stutter for a while after using the menu due to the dodgy way I pause(or don't) the emulation.

3x mode doesn't work in non-fullscreen, but it wouldn't really fit anyhow so consider it a feature.

The on-screen buttons won't show until you click once.

In regards to changing the keys, in this new version you should be able to edit /etc/gnuboy.rc, at the top there are some lines like

bind a +a
bind z +b

Change the left hand ones to the keys you want, it should work, although you won't be able to press on the screen anymore.

Last edited by ChaoticBob; 2008-01-21 at 05:01.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChaoticBob For This Useful Post:
ok, i just gave this a try. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!! thank you for this. aside from smoothing out the sound, it's near perfect. unless i missed something, here's what i recommend:
* ability to rotate the screen; that way i can use the n800 buttons more easily.
* have it remember what the last folder it was that i was in; i have to keep navigating to my mmc for a game
* capability to remap buttons while still pbeing able to use touchscreen; for example, i want button A to be physical button and button B to be the touchpad

so, nice job! btw, i really like how you set up the touchscreen btttons --- especially the combined a+b buttons.

I cannot find my ROMs from the PyBoy menu. MyDocs shows up as empty.
The ROM is saved under Games on the N800

Bah, didn't think of that, stupid maemo storing files in hidden directories. I'll have to change the script a bit to get it to work, for the moment I suggest you move the games to the base N800 directory in the file manager, then they should show up in MyDocs.

i have not had ant real problems, the file directory thing is okay i just have to navigate to root /media/mmc1(or 2)/roms (a folder i added to place all my roms in the root of the storage memory.

pyboy opens up and the i can find my roms, but when i click start game, a gb icon opens up then closes right away. something i'm missing?

Hmm, that's odd, they aren't gameboy advance roms are they? Gnuboy only does Gameboy and Gameboy Color.