Active Topics

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
But seriously, Is it possible that Elop could be somehow fired by the Nokia board and Nokia could go back to its original Qt strategy with Meego at the top and Symbian for the dumbphones? What would it take for this to happen?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Vote with your wallet. HTC Desire here I go.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
lolololololol

you have a exaggerated sense of your own importance.
We are those who buy and pay, we ARE important.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaddogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
i know a solution to rescue meego:

Let all of us buy this meego phone to show that elop is wrong... the board of directors should fire him right now... and i think the stockholders are also not amused if i compare the value yesterday and today...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
But seriously, Is it possible that Elop could be somehow fired by the Nokia board and Nokia could go back to its original Qt strategy with Meego at the top and Symbian for the dumbphones? What would it take for this to happen?
Yeah, if the strategy is not successful, he will be shown the door; but considering the way Nokia's eggs are in this basket, if the strategy doesn't work, by that point Nokia may be close to Chapter 11...

I still can't believe how limited Windows Phone 7 is. I think it has even less features than S40!

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Vote with your wallet. HTC Desire here I go.
I understand. But that will not bring back meego, symbian & the qt cross platform strategy. It will not bring us the wonderful open source os we have experienced

The Following User Says Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Well... again. Instead of seriously lacking in logic fandom, let's think about this for a moment.

Growth could have happened, didn't. Mobile phone market grew, their sells didn't. Now, if Elop fails now, Nokia fails now.

And what good would that do for anybody wanting Elop to fail? It will mean that Nokia will fail. And if Nokia fails, there will be no "old" Nokia to return to. This is indeed a turning point and wishful thinking and/or hoping that something that's never delivered beyond the whims and wishing of this forum - face it, this forum represents absolutely the smallest niche of users and ability - then Nokia has to do something right.

With that said, WP7 is their "main OS" strategy. But there's a MeeGo device coming out. Support Qt, support MeeGo and when that device comes out, hope that it sells like crazy. Why? They will be forced to shift their money to that platform and away from what's looking like a "patch" right now.

So all of this whining, arguing, hoping for the "old Nokia" - the same ones that got themselves into this situation in the first place - will produce absolutely nothing.

What needs to happen is for people to get their head out of their arse, buy what they want - the MeeGo device - and produce quality software that honestly makes Nokia realize what they have... an innovative product in Maemo, a potentially innovative product with MeeGo and yet again another missed opportunity that they need to capitalize upon.

Oh... and it's not the death of Qt either - Visual Studio has Qt extensions.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
This is a huge point that hasn't been discussed yet. The Corporate heads have just kicked their entire staff in the groin. Don't expect the people you work for to have much respect for you when you just completely devalued the work that they have done for years.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Clubberlang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork

Nokia workers walk out in protest after Microsoft news
Holy ****!!!! This deserves its own thread!!!!

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...test-20110211/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deyons For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, me ego, megone, naysaying, quit whining