Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Tablet's battery performance is VERY poor. If I leave it on WiFi doing nothing, by the end of the day is dead.
Either is my battery or there's no optimisation whatsoever.

Anyone having similar issue or has patches to improve situation?

My idea was to get rid of all Apple related hw from my life (Lumia 950XL instead of iPhone 6, Lenovo X1 Carbon instead of Macbook Pro 13, Jolla Tablet instead of iPad mini), but so far the last step is not happening...
The Mini is charged ONCE a week and I use it every morning/evening, the Jolla Tablet is charged EVERY night and so far I barely use it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Same for me. Only solution I use is to turn it off when not in use. Otherwise it is just dead in few hours
And I fear that the situation will not get significantly better

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I noticed that if I close all the apps (I usually have only one app open: the browser), it’s a bit better. Still not good, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
In the N900 days we had a auto-disconnect application for that in no time.

Instead of patches that fix the ugly parts of Sailfish 2.0 UI back to 1.x somebody might write this little tool one day?

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
confirm! my ipad 2 mini hold longer than the Jolla Tablet, and i play/use very often with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
My idea was to get rid of all Apple related hw from my life (Lumia 950XL instead of iPhone 6, Lenovo X1 Carbon instead of Macbook Pro 13, Jolla Tablet instead of iPad mini)
Was life too simple with everything working nicely together and you weren't spending enough time managing your IT and debugging previously?

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Was life too simple with everything working nicely together and you weren't spending enough time managing your IT and debugging previously?
I agree, with apple is the life siple (my girls: Wife and 2 daughters have an ipad), but you pay for this simplicity a high price: Money and freedom.

Freedom to do anything you want with hard- and software, installing apps from every source you want, owning a program (deb, rmp or apk file), not only a link to the app in the apple store.

sure: For girls, who have no need to play with hard- and software is Apple a better choise. But not for us: IT-Soldiers..... :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post: