I guess i'm not the first to think about this use for the it, but for the last week i have turned my IT into a digital photo frame, and just wanted to post it out here.

When i don't use, i can put it in it's stand ( it'a a 770 ) and play either a still photo or a slideshow which works very nice mainly beacause of the photo-like shape of the screen.

Regards,

You just need to do it to a device that you won't want to use for other purposes, hack it into a photo frame and hang it on the wall. I guess you'll be wanting to use the 770

I did it with a Palm T|E and an old laptop.

I find it makes a nice picture frame next to my Pc when I'm working and have it charging. Is there a way to get it to recurse subdirectories?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Deadpan View Post
Is there a way to get it to recurse subdirectories?
yes, but for now you must do it through bookmarks. here's what you have to do:
  1. select the folder (in the folder tree) that you want it to recurse.
  2. select the "Bookmarks -> Add Bookmark" menu item.
  3. in the dialog that appears, select the "include subfolders" checkbox.
  4. press "OK" to save the bookmark.

now every time you select the bookmark you just created, it will search all the subfolders of that folder for images.

mike

The Following User Says Thank You to mikemorrison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Herndon, VA, USA
Originally Posted by t3h View Post
You just need to do it to a device that you won't want to use for other purposes, hack it into a photo frame and hang it on the wall. I guess you'll be wanting to use the 770

I did it with a Palm T|E and an old laptop.
That reminds me, I keep planning on taking an old LCD monitor, laying glass over it and wall-mounting it. Instant "magic mirror"; reflective when off but GUI access, photo display, web camera feed, etc visible when activated. I'm just not quite sure where I want to tear a hole in the wall for the mounting and hiding the computer.

Edit: Oops, I'm not entirely on-topic here, well, sorta talking digital picture frame ideas.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Helsinki, Finland
I seldom store images on my tablet, but i always have a load of them on my cellphone (N95). So i made a bookmark in quiver that points to obex://[B1:U4:70:07:AD:D5]/E%3A/Images (note my ingenious encoding ) and all the directories underneath. If i have a gazillion photos there, quiver might crash but oh well. I posted a ticket (ticket number 26) about the fact that Bluetooth devices are not browsable in the main interface but this kludge works for me now.

I'm dreaming of photocasting with quiver, from sites like Flickr or Picasa where the available photos have reasonable metadata (tags, geodata, dates, relationships etc.) so i could be enjoying this fully. If quiver would offer even rudimentary photocasting support, we could use something like feedburner or command-line tools on Maemo to mix ourselves very nice feeds from various sources to feed quiver with!

Internet Tablet sure makes a great pictoframe, and i love the feature that the screen doesn't go idle if power is connected. Perfect for the desktop!

The Following User Says Thank You to xmacex For This Useful Post: