Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Cracow, Poland
I installed 0.0.9 to eMMC and tried to enable Market. I rebooted like 15 times or so, but it didn't help. So, I tried to reinstall Nitdroid (once again to eMMC). However, even though I downloaded the image 5 times and reformatted Nitdroid partition every time, it always reports that the image is corrupted. I download from downloads.nitdroid.com, i.e. the official site. Do I do some mistake here or the image is wrong (size is the same as on the server)?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Got this weird problem here... I did everything till step 9, but when it came to editing the 11(tab) file, it turned out I dont have such a file in that directory. I went there, using filebox and noticed only one .item file, being the 00-Maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item . I tried creating another 11.item file with leafpad and wrote "ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2" without the quotation marks in it and rebooted. Now when Im on the OS selection screen, I only got Maemo as the first option and blank second one. Needless to say, its not booting the second OS. What might be causing this problem. Did I miss something during the installation process? It's the first time I'm installing NITDroid, did not have previous versions installed. Cheers

P.S. I forgot to mention, that I dont have a memory stick. Tried to install it on the EMMC.

Last edited by ALLEyezOnMe; 2010-12-26 at 23:24.

There's the new kernel..

Someone must upgrade the tutorial

I got another problem, i want to install adobe flash 10, but can't find the default file manager
So i tried to download Astro, but it keeps saying "your download was unsuccessful" Same thing for the other apps
I can connect the wifi w/o problem and the browser works fine..
Also i've tried the market fix already..
any fix for this?

And i can't play youtube as well

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
Do i still need to install nitroids power kernel even I didn't OC my N900?

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ alex , egypt

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mido.fayad For This Useful Post:
So I'm assuming the method on first post works even if there's no microSD card in the slot?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
how to setup new apn in nitdroid.? and also i am unable to close or go back to the menu. how to do that.?

Last edited by abhirajsoni; 2010-12-27 at 06:54.

I followed the instructions to the T, but the phone part wouldn't work. Android shows that I have T-mobile, but I see no bars. Can't make or receive calls.

Also, when I try to copy the "keypad bin file to" cp filename /and/system/usr/keychars/ ... I get a ath does not exist error

any suggestions ?

ok ammyt now i'm going crazy, i tried like 10th times and i have no idea whats wrong: when i get to step 10 bzip2 -d NITDroid bla bla, im getting this massage: can't oen input file Nitdroid...: no such file in directory.
I would really like to install droid on phone memory but what I'm doing wrong? I even try to unziped file NITDroid 009 and 008 too, but it just turn in bilion files.
ammyt, Anyone? help

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid