Active Topics

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Have you tried tear or opera, flash doesn't work in them.
Yes, and Mimosa which is nice, but I just expected a little easier time keeping stuff like flash current or at least working with the mobile version or whatever "forks" occurred in the distro.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Originally Posted by Deserttaxguy View Post
My N800 has plenty of memory and power. I use a BT keyboard with it when I want too and have done a lot of easy field work with the open source spreadsheets. Etc.
I am a little annoyed that I cant find the way to update the flash and Micro B browser.
I reflashed my unit twice to make sure I have the lastest of everything and it's still very slow to use internet and don't get me started about the poor Google apps integration.

All that aside, I still love it.. but I really need the answer to fixing the slow internet. I'm even back to using my Palm TX because, since it didn't have flash, - the web sites aren't choking it with flash technology widgets. Makes a big difference if you dont like to watch ads like me.
Well, concerning the original browser, I am pretty sure you will not be able to get flash updated (Flash is closed-source).
However, on both my n810 and n800 I have the latest OS flashed onto them, and the Community SSU patches applied. By far the fastest browser I have ever tried is Midori, both tablets really speed along then, though even the stock browser's pretty fast when Flash is turned off, especially when visiting the appropriate version of sites: m.yahoo.com, or the basic html-view of gmail, for example.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

The Following User Says Thank You to deluxe For This Useful Post:
i need to apologise for my long absence. i got a droid 2 at Christmas time and have been distracted. i also started a new job and am having another baby, so life has been full of distractions. But i blew the dust off my n810 today and want to make it useful again. So I'm still around and interested. I will try to be more active in testing and using my n810 as the whiping boy for beta stuff. I really missed you guys!

I'm interested, I just bought mine to hack it

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
I just got an additional 1GB SD card so will be cloning Diablo to the card and setting up my 16 GB external card with training material on CompTIA Network+. I don't suppose Wireshark has been ported to Diablo?
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
OSEmuTech!!!!!

Gosh I've missed you!!!!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i know someone was toying around with kismet, but unsure about wireshark.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Here's a Kismet link

And this person seems to have done lots of relevant testing of wifi-related apps
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Last edited by deluxe; 2011-06-15 at 12:42.

I intend to work on it, I'm no dev but I'll work my *** of to make something work, have linux devs who can help and I'm willing to put servers if needed.

I just posted installing of social engineering toolkit on the n810 with the files hosted on my server for ease of use

I just bought 3 nokia n800's. -And I'm a newcomer to the platform.

I'm interested in the Maemo CSSU for n8x0 and the efforts to backport Meego to n8x0.

Hard to sift through the Diablo Turbo thread. I'm curious if the improvements are "stable" and if so, if they'll be coming to a CSSU soon. Perhaps they're already in the CSSU and I just missed it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggoebel For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810