Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by digittante View Post
Following up on my original "...and I did not die" post from 3 days ago (available in full here):
  • Sorry for the duplicate thread, and thanks to Reggie for merging it here
  • Thanks also to Reggie for tolerating discussion of the leaked firmware on a Nokia-sponsored community (he and I exchanged a few PM's and are in agreement on handling this topic
  • The leaked PR1.2 introduced errors on my device, so I've reverted to PR1.1.1

Specific errors were: Contact information synced via Exchange Server did not persist across device reboots or network switches (i.e. going from WiFi to 3G or vice-versa). In 3 days, I had to reset the Exchange Server sync settings 2 dozen times, regardless of whether I used Google's sync feature or NuevaSync's.

Also, upon every reboot, a warning notice appeared indicating "An internal error has occurred; can not proceed" (paraphrased).

With 1400+ contacts, unstable retention of them was a deal-breaker.

I reflashed easily back to PR1.1.1 via the standard method, encountered the expected 'unrecognized SIM' error, and overcame that with the published method. Then I restored everything else from my latest Backup

After this little glimpse of the future (or at least the PR1.2-future), I'm happily back in PR1.1.1-ville.

Props to the community for developing all the resources that enabled me to take this little adventure. You all rock (except Abill_UK when he's cranky...;-))

digittante
HA HA HA love the comment but your feedback regarding leaked fw is more important obviously and just adds to the greater knowledge of this leaked fw.
The reason i go off on one sometimes i can tell you, on this forum you got a bunch of guys who are just plain nasty and when they start they gang up on people, this i have noticed not just at me by reading the posts of these people.
The biggest problem on what is generally a fantastic first of its kind forum (much credit to Reggie here for that) is the moderating techniques used and some are very blatently ignored and actually allow some of the offenders on this community to just carry on regardless.
I have been doing a bit of thinking regarding this and i may have come up with a good solution but i first have to pass it through Reggie on his thoughts (lets see what happens), if i am successful then i know for sure it will stop these people from being very nasty and allowed by 2 moderators in particular to get away with their nasty antics.
Reggie i must say IS a very good moderator and a perfect example of a no nonsence approach in general on this forum (ok he is the admin but thats beside the point) and DOES apply good technique but i am afraid to say that he is being let down by some of his colleages.
Anyhow please forgive me if i come across "cranky" sometimes but actually i am just a normal human being that has indeed had a bit of a rough time from some very nasty know it all people on here but i can assure you i am indeed human with a great sense of humor usually, i for sure 100% can give as good if not far better than i get but i choose to keep my feelings to myself most of the time as it is only too easy to let loose and that would make me as bad as them..
Anyhow thanks for the comments on the fw it was indeed interesting reading thats why i thanked you.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
lol. I just realised today that I can rearrange the icons in the launcher menu.

Just hold down the icon to activate the update mode.

Uhm. guys.. i followed the steps in the wiki but it didn't flash my phone. It just said "nothing to do!"

Update:

Sorry guys i didn't insert the -f -R commands .. my mistake

Last edited by di1in; 2010-05-13 at 14:13.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Someone posted an inquiry about extras devel not working and the thread was immediately closed. I don't understand that. Here is my reply.

I have this problem also. I think that we are being redirected to a directory that won't exist till the real PR1.2 is released? Something like that. Clues can be found in the App Mgr log.

I'm not too worried about it now. Maybe someone will come up with a workaround.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Can any of you confirm about the new WiFi support?

I am talking about EAP-TTLS + PAP.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i am using my device with the leaked PR 1.2 and everything is working fine.

though 2 apps/widget stopped working; namely "personal data monitor" and "conversations" widget.

the "virtual keyboard" sometimes annoys me (maybe due to being used on the old one)

the menu icons are fully customizable.

overclocking still works, BUT!!! be warned! the only way I see to revert back to the stock kernel is a re-flash!

even @ 600mhz, scrolling is smoother even after days and weeks.

there is a way to re-enable non working repos in the leaked version IMHO. what i did:

-no apps were installed (or my apps are not yet re-installed
-disable extras, extras-testing and devel

-update (install updates if there is any)
-"restore apps"

-enable "Extras" repo then update (install updates if any)
-tap "restore apps"

-enable "Extras-Testing" then update (install updates if any)
-then "restore apps"

-same goes to devel, update then restore apps

i have successfully re-install my apps from PR1.1 at the leaked PR1.2.

-there is now the e-mail widget.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
All I did was flash the leaked PR1.2 and load my PR1.1 backup. All my settings and repos were loaded. No problems yet and I flashed it the same day of the leak.

i have found follwoing

1- my Clock say GMT+6 while for my contry it is GMT+5

2-Lock button always has to be pushed twice to lock the screen

3-after using titan's kernel screen calibration does not work even after applying the fix.

4-coversation inbox desktop widget does not show in app manager

Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Who said few weeks?
Nokia's own head of Maemo Operations told us in person at the Mobile Geeks of Toronto event last Wednesday that the official update will be released by the end of May. He was even willing to say that he guarantees that it will be out by then.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EverythingBlaxx For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by EverythingBlaxx View Post
Nokia's own head of Maemo Operations told us in person at the Mobile Geeks of Toronto event last Wednesday that the official update will be released by the end of May. He was even willing to say that he guarantees that it will be out by then.
You got a recording of that convo lol

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality