Active Topics

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tplastic View Post
I used to have CR-122 (N8 holder) which is excellent for N9 with body protector. After the ball pivot got stuck I changed to CR-123 which is also excellent. Actually CR-123 has one superior feature over CR-122: you can easily adjust it so that the back camera does not get covered. This allows you to use car video surveillance apps like Camdrive.
Would you say that this is a good deal then?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Would you say that this is a good deal then?
Looks fine. I paid about 29€ for CR-123 in a local supermaket. It's about 1€ more than the ebay price you referred to. Minus delivery of course

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
These are just expensive. I've got Cr-115 and it works great + it's not dedicated so you can hold almost any device with it. Almost, because wider phones don't fit. SGS3 doesn't for example.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
These are just expensive. I've got Cr-115 and it works great + it's not dedicated so you can hold almost any device with it. Almost, because wider phones don't fit. SGS3 doesn't for example.
Well I just bought the Nokia CR-115 and Nokia DC6 car charger both for £8

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Car-Windscree...-/180998688685 Made to match N9 size 100%, and is under 6e. I prefer these who match exactly the size, since generic ones usually block the visibility somewhat. And of course has N9 camera holes in place.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-02-04 at 16:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I would not use anything other than Brodit, they often have something for even obscure makers/models. I have their active holder for my N900, and it rocks instead of having unreliable sucker mounts obstructing the windscreen. It's even CNC'd from massive aluminum!

Please be aware that each mount consists of two parts: the ProClip base and the mobile-specific active (with charging) or passive (without) cradle. ProClips are car-specific and available for more than one (non-destructive, so no screws) mount-point.

Besides that, you can re-use the ProClip base if you change your mobile - just swap the cradle.
I thought these guys were an Aussie company...
http://www.holdmyphone.com.au/select...ia&hselect3=N9
Turns out they may only be distributors/resellers for Brodit & re-branded as ClicOn.

Brodit & ClicOn are way down my list, they're just too pricey.
In Australia anyway, stuff is often way more pricey here than the EU or US.

Originally Posted by tplastic View Post
I used to have CR-122 (N8 holder) which is excellent for N9 with body protector. After the ball pivot got stuck I changed to CR-123 which is also excellent. Actually CR-123 has one superior feature over CR-122: you can easily adjust it so that the back camera does not get covered. This allows you to use car video surveillance apps like Camdrive.
+1

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
A vote for the cr-122 from here, too. Very good holder. The suction cup mounting isn't ever very good so I ordered the ProClip for my car from brodit and bolted the holder to that. This way it's in perfect reach.
Cr-123 is very good also but I couldn't do this with it.
If you can do that with the CR-122 why not the CR-123?

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Car-Windscree...-/180998688685 Made to match N9 size 100%, and is under 6e. I prefer these who match exactly the size, since generic ones usually block the visibility somewhat. And of course has N9 camera holes in place.
I don't suppose you could point to a fresh link?

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-11 at 08:41.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Car-Kit-...-/111045607814
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
If you can do that with the CR-122 why not the CR-123?
The CR-123 doesn't have any surface covering the NFC reader part of the N9. This makes it impossible to have the tag in constant proximity of the reader, which is required for automatic "ending" of the rule once the phone is taken out the cradle.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Ah I see, I wonder if I could do what you're suggesting with this?
Very well, I'd imagine.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
The CR-123 doesn't have any surface covering the NFC reader part of the N9. This makes it impossible to have the tag in constant proximity of the reader, which is required for automatic "ending" of the rule once the phone is taken out the cradle.
Ah I see, I wonder if I could do what you're suggesting with this?

You sir, are a Legend...
Build quality probably won't be as good as the Brodit, but it's so cheap I can always buy another if it fails (which I doubt), plus being so n9-centric is no longer an issue thanks to it's cheapness.