Active Topics

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
This is something someone might have missed:

Jolla phone running SailfishOS 2.0

It is just a few seconds in the end of a video for a Czech tech site, but you can clearly see the new interface.

Highlights:
  • new swipe animation
  • status bar always visible on the home screen
  • app launcher accessible by swiping from the bottom (see the white indicator at the bottom of the screen)

EDIT: Second video showing v2.0 on the phone here.
Thanks, accidently same link twice?

The Following User Says Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
EDIT: Second video showing v2.0 on the phone here.
It's the same video?

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
It's the same video?
Sorry, now it is fixed. Klipper failed me

The second video is here: http://youtu.be/x2bUlhfU708?t=1m6s

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
The new UI looks a slight improvement.

Not sure where you got that information from. Apps are not freezing (not-live/frozen status) when not fullscreened nor there has ever been any plan to do so (AFAIK).

Source?
maybe i'm wrong.

i got this impression from seeing a discussion here about the release notes for a beta of the 11 patch, and the discussion seemed to focus on how application behaviour had been changed (for the worse) in order to get around a problem with too many apps using up all the memory and creating device stutter.

[edit] perhaps related to this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94358 [/edit]

Last edited by Jedibeeftrix; 2015-03-02 at 16:59.

Glad they / Jaakko climbed down on the no status bar. Still think it should be at least an option for persistence even when apps are in full screen. I'm sure someone will manage to claim that this is now the end of the world, most here having defended the status quo to the hilt.

Still no hardware partners (only Intel slush funds) is quite worrying ... and the recycled announcement from last year about Sailfish being open for business for partners makes it seem a bit like Groundhog Day (Dillon = Bill Murray).

Still no announcement about payments and paid apps .. that's the most immediately concerning thing for me.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2015-03-02 at 17:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Golem has a good article: (German)
http://www.golem.de/news/jolla-table...03-112693.html

A video is embedded on the first page, showing mainly what the other articles showed too. Although the comments are from somebody who clearly knows Sailfish.

They also mention that the partner screen can be configured and even disabled. The author likes the gesture changes as they allow to use the tablet easily while holding it with both hands at the bottom.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Glad they / Jaakko climbed down on the no status bar. Still think it should be at least an option for persistence even when apps are in full screen. I'm sure someone will manage to claim that this is now the end of the world, most here having defended the status quo to the hilt.

Still no hardware partners (only Intel slush funds) is quite worrying ... and the recycled announcement from last year about Sailfish being open for business for partners makes it seem a bit like Groundhog Day (Dillon = Bill Murray).

Still no announcement about payments and paid apps .. that's the most immediately concerning thing for me.
Same for me. I live in an area with patchy 3G - so always like to know my current network status.

Sorry, now it is fixed. Klipper failed me

The second video is here: http://youtu.be/x2bUlhfU708?t=1m6s
2:18 of this video and the guy holding the tablet gets to the app drawer sliding from 1/3 of the screen, soooo... which is it? Swipe from bottom, normal swipe up, or is the swipe from bottom only in landscape?

Longer video of SFOS 2.0 on Jolla Phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QkGnmER4&hd=1

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia