Active Topics

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
The N900 sticks to the new micro USB charging standard, which requires the data pins to be shorted for dumb power chargers. Unfortunately, many USB power adapters don't do this so won't work with the N900. You'll need to either open the charger and short-circuit the middle two connectors, or modify a USB cable to short them out (or buy a new charger which already has them shorted).
Well the problem is that my phone is not charging with the original power supply, I tried three different original Nokia charging cables which worked just fine before but do nothing at all now.

I only noticed that it "reacts" when I plug in some Chinese charging cable, but it doesn't loads afterwards.

It is kinda "blocking" any charging device which doesn't forward the data pins, so I guess its a hardware problem?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Well the problem is that my phone is not charging with the original power supply, I tried three different original Nokia charging cables which worked just fine before but do nothing at all now.

I only noticed that it "reacts" when I plug in some Chinese charging cable, but it doesn't loads afterwards.

It is kinda "blocking" any charging device which doesn't forward the data pins, so I guess its a hardware problem?
I'd guess a hardware problem, yes. The only thing I can think of is that it's got a loose connection on one of the data pins. That could cause a high resistance, preventing it from recognising the shorted data lines, but still allow it to work as a data cable.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I'd guess a hardware problem, yes. The only thing I can think of is that it's got a loose connection on one of the data pins. That could cause a high resistance, preventing it from recognising the shorted data lines, but still allow it to work as a data cable.
Oh I see, I still hoped that it might be a software related issue :/

I have used a charger for model aircraft batteries to charge that of my N900. I set it to the right specs (1s, 1150 mAh) and use a rubber band to hold the charge leads to the battery contacts.

I got my phone back, took only 2 weeks till the repair had been finished at "Media Markt". They assembled one of the backscrews wrong though, still I was able to fix that quickly.

I used backup-menu to restore my system, that worked fine at the 2nd try (Guess I did something wrong at the 1st try).

The only problem which I have now is that I can't use the "mass storage" function via USB for some reason. It says always "Phonememory is already in use" (Free translated).

Edit: I checked /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode and it says "b_idle" before I connect it , sometimes the connection works and changes to "b_peripheral" as it should but I need at least 3-4 tries :/

Last edited by Crogge; 2011-11-21 at 01:25.

Something sitting on Your vfat partition(s) is in use, at least most of the time. Check what You got installed, and where.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

just flash the memory with the latest firmware

Tags
backup, broken, kaputt, rescue, socket