Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Thanks for your work on webcat.

Something I'd like to see webcat be able to do is load the web interface of HomeAssistant. The sailfish browser can't load recent versions of the web interface at all. Webcat can at least load the home page's color banner. I don't know what changed on the host's side sometime ~10ish months ago to break sailfish compatibility.

There is a demo page for HA at https://demo.home-assistant.io/#/lovelace/0 which exhibits the incompatibilities with sailfish browser and webcat I noted, so I don't think a local instance of home assistant is needed to reproduce the issue.

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Is that with or without @llelectronics' updated WebKit?

Originally Posted by olf View Post
Is that with or without @llelectronics' updated WebKit?
Without.10

Without.
Well, then try again with it, as that likely makes a difference which may be sufficient to have that webpage working.

The Following User Says Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Well, then try again with it, as that likely makes a difference which may be sufficient to have that webpage working.
I've been refraining from installing that with all the caveats attached . . . is my anxiety unfounded about that?

I've been refraining from installing that with all the caveats attached . . . is my anxiety unfounded about that?
Well, deal with your own inhibitions.
Or use Firefox / Fennec / IceCat under AlienDalvik.

Last edited by olf; 2019-09-23 at 19:05.

Or use Firefox / Fennec under AlienDalvik.
Another possibility is Bromite: they still support Android 4.4 and I am finding it a reasonable replacement for the Brave mobile browser (which bumped its minimum supported Android version to 5 recently).

The Following User Says Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Or use Firefox / Fennec / IceCat under AlienDalvik.
I had a few days where I could try the new webkit library with enough time left to revert/fix things if something broke. So far, so good.

I found I can use the home assistant web interface with webcat. (I can also get as far as logging in now with sailfish browser, but no further. Can't see any sensors or controls.)

I didn't try the other alternatives since I don't have Android support installed. I missed the "AlienDalvik" part on the first read and got really excited that there were other browsers for sailfish that I didn't know about.

Tags
browser, webbrowser