Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by chris_m View Post
It does work but you have to press a comnination of keys for it to do so... the manual suggests that this is properly coded in and you have the option of orientation within the settings menu... so this is the proper implementation rather than a hack
If the keyboard is closed, it rotates automatically in PR1.1.1

There are some differences in ovi maps from what I can see,

No where in my phone right now can I activate 3d maps, where as in the user guide it says:

'3D View — For a more realistic view, change the perspective
of the map.'

plus some of the icons are totally different form the ones i have now.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
No mention of MMS though
Actually, MMS is mentioned in the "Tips and troubleshooting" chapter on page 132:
"Q: How can I send MMS messages?"

The Following User Says Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
It does work but you have to press a comnination of keys for it to do so... the manual suggests that this is properly coded in and you have the option of orientation within the settings menu... so this is the proper implementation rather than a hack
I don't understand what you mean. The manual specifically states (on page 43) that you have to press a combination of keys (CTRL + SHIFT + O). I fail to see how the manual suggests that browser screen rotation should be more properly implemented now. Who has ever said the current implementation is a hack? Futhermore it doesn't mention that screen rotation can be enabled in the settings menu.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
There is Night mode in photo and video in page 83
Video resolution can be changed

Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I don't understand what you mean. The manual specifically states (on page 43) that you have to press a combination of keys (CTRL + SHIFT + O). I fail to see how the manual suggests that browser screen rotation should be more properly implemented now. Who has ever said the current implementation is a hack? Futhermore it doesn't mention that screen rotation can be enabled in the settings menu.
Maybe what he means is, yes its the same way to get portrait, but when it is portrait they've actually sorted the menu bar out so you can click on the bottom right icon (which is only there on landscape), as it is now an 'official' solution. ???

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gibraltar
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
The manual I have downloaded has this on page 47 under options - settings. No mention on page 43 of having to press the combination.

The exact wording on the manual is

Enable rotation - Activate portrait browsing. When activated you can view web pages in portrait orientation when you turn your device.

On page 43 it has:

Select > Web, and enter the address in the address bar,
or select a bookmark.
You can also view web pages in portrait orientation. To
activate portrait browsing, press Ctrl + Shift + O.

ok found it... on my manual shown as page 42... how many versions of this manual are there??

I gues that you can either manually change the screen orientation or have the phone change automatically when you change the rotation then