Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I really can't use a phone with buttons any more. Swipe UI ha changed the way i interact with a phone.

It would be a shame to let it go =[
Yes, I'm really hoping they or someone finds a way to pull that off again with out obviously infringing on Nokia's IP (or like someone else mentioned, enable the community to easily mimic the Swipe UI without officially implementing it).

I can't go back to non-swipe.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I need a phone with a @$&&#=) keyboard!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I really can't use a phone with buttons any more. Swipe UI ha changed the way i interact with a phone.

It would be a shame to let it go =[
LOL! reminds me of last year when almost everybody on this forum said "I cant use phone without HW keyboard"

I really can't use a phone with buttons any more.
Whereas I cannot use a device without at least 40 or 50 of them :-)

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
LOL! reminds me of last year when almost everybody on this forum said "I cant use phone without HW keyboard"

I have had no problems to adapt to keyboard, keyboardless, resisitive, capacitive, all touch with no buttons at all.

As long as the execution is done right most will agree. That said, i got a feeling that we will see hardware keyboard on a Jolla phone, especially if Jolla manages to make more than one model in 1-2 years time.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I appreciate that nemo != merproject - it's a vendor project built on top of mer just as JollaMobile look to be doing for their platform - but it would be cool if they could take advantage of the hardware adaptation work already done for nemo and use the n9/x0 as developer devices.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post

I have had no problems to adapt to keyboard, keyboardless, resisitive, capacitive, all touch with no buttons at all.
Without even going into ergonomics, tactile feedback etc, there's no way around this: an on-screen keyboard eats badly into display real estate, and a finger-friendly one doubly so. If all a user wants to type are one-liners (SMS, twitter and whatnot) that may be acceptable, but for the rest of us a physical keyboard is a hard (pun intended) requirement.

i got a feeling that we will see hardware keyboard on a Jolla phone
Amen!

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Some examples would be nice.
Never heard about this kind of firm with around 100 employes making both hardware and software and by the looks of it will have something to show us very soon. Year after the company was founded i can already tell that this one will get way more attention than those "other" companies.

Only similar company i can think of was that company making reference hardware designs with Intel inside to MeeGo and Android. Smaller company that i heard 4 years after it was started.
Jolla probably had more attention in a first hour today in Twitter.
Aava mobile and Elektrobit comes to my mind. I dont know about tekes money but they have done smartphones.

I sure hope Swipe UI will be included. Oh and I also hope this doesn't end up being vaporware.

It would be so funny if they actually manage to include alien dalvik

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla