Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Is this one?

http://www.tinhte.vn/threads/1584576/

Looks like n1 will be almost every like n2. Note 1 rules.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

just an update - some of the guys at xda have been experimenting with editing an xml file to put new apps into the split window function and some posted screenshots of non stock rom multi screen apps working.

so its possible to put new apps in, but how well it works in split screen may vary from app to app.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
just an update - some of the guys at xda have been experimenting with editing an xml file to put new apps into the split window function and some posted screenshots of non stock rom multi screen apps working.

so its possible to put new apps in, but how well it works in split screen may vary from app to app.
Nice. Can you post a link? Thanks

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Interesting. So how much free RAM is there?
Free RAM is a pointless thing to ask.
Android works exactly like desktop Linux in this regard, it stuff the system files (OS) into the RAM, then it decides how much to leave free, then it calculates how much spare it has, then it stuffs that with the things that are used most often.

So if you have 1GB RAM, and the OS consumes about 200MB, and you've elected to leave 100MBs free. Android will calculate that it has 700MB of free RAM. Then it will look at all your Apps. Lets say the total of your Apps is 1.5GB, well Android will take the first 700MB of Apps... ones that are used most often.

You'll have roughly 100MB of free RAM... but when you are doing normal things (OS-bound) things will be snappy. When you use your apps, most often, it will pop right open because its right there ready to be accessed inside the RAM. When you click on a function or App that is seldom used... the OS will have to pull that out from your SSD/NAND or the microSD-slot (basically wherever it resides). And there will be slow delay as the OS kills off certain things in the RAM and attemots to load the function/app into the RAM.

Its a basic concept, and it works wonderfully.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Congratulations on your purchase! How do you like multi-windows? Any problems running linux on android?

Still holding out to see what US carriers offer...
concerning Linux, I had to edit the boot script because mount points are different from expected. It's faster than Note1 (d'oh!).
Multi windows is potentially useful but I haven't used it yet. ..
I am quite used to switching back and forth between apps with TaskSwitcher...

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Nice. Can you post a link? Thanks
See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1939780
[MOD] Lennys Multi-screen app extend mod v1.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
There is now a webapp where you input all the apps you want to be available in split view, and gives you the modded framework-res.apk to flash in recovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=32920038

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Got my Note II today. Proud owner.

I put my old micro SD card in - and noticed a lot of my photo folders do not appear in the gallery but did show up on my S3.

Any clues peeps?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
There is now a webapp where you input all the apps you want to be available in split view, and gives you the modded framework-res.apk to flash in recovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=32920038
Major find! As an indication of how well it works can you try something like angrybirds in one view and youtube (or some others, like an editor, maybe linux on android etc...) in the other window.

Also, in regards to my question concerning RAM and ROM I just want to know how much RAM is used up by the OS?

Also, in regards to my question concerning RAM and ROM I just want to know how much RAM is used up by the OS?
Maybe the attached pic might be an answer. S Note and Dolphin browser are open. Several other apps have been used in same session.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, galaxy note