You know, with a MeeGo kernel already running on the N900, one would think that N900 users would be interested in:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49928

Keep your perspective.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
Can you read my bad english, or you don't want to do?
I'm not speaking about 1.2, I'm speaking AGAIN OUT!
Google translator not doing good job. No?

y are they even wasting peoples times with announcements like this? these phones are garbage. the c6 had potential because of the slide out qwerty and huge screen but then they take your joy away with a super slow processor. i feel like they are trying to be smart. how hard is it to make a good phoen for todays market with the right stuff? its not that tough. just give us a nice touch screen with a qwerty physical board some what nice camera a good processor and 3g and wifi (plus the usual stuff liek ability to dial numbers) no body seems to want to offer a simple phone like that. they offer just enough to make you need to buy the newest one they make. besides the n97 is already out for at&t and it comes in gold. why are they offering this c6 which is essentialy the same phone for at&t also? what about the rest of the phone users out there?

you have to remember nokia is not a one trick pony. they manufacture tons of devices for almost every conceivable segment, from throwaway phones all the way to the N900 i am typing on right now.

comparing to apple or htc is ridiculous.

if both microsoft and nokia are debuting low price 'social' phones then there must be a market for it. combine this with the gradual degradation of the US carrier subsidization model and it REALLY makes sense.

ask yourself what is more important to nokia, making the most money or having the best single platform/device on the market? sometimes those paths cross, but they are not mutually dependent

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
just give us a nice touch screen with a qwerty physical board some what nice camera a good processor and 3g and wifi (plus the usual stuff liek ability to dial numbers) no body seems to want to offer a simple phone like that.
You just described 2 of the 3 phones announced.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
According to this (user comments) site the C5 and C6 have 600mhz CPU.

That's actually pretty good value.
That's what I thought, at first.

Then I looked up the specs...

First I noticed the resolution: 360x640
Then the CPU: ARM11 434Mhz

Considering how some weirdos tend to "upgrade" their (smart)phones every few months there's got to be a few actual smartphones in the second-hand market for not much more than the €220 this is priced at when released.

But I'm sure the Symbian crowd welcomes these and quite a boatload will be sold too...

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
you have to remember nokia is not a one trick pony. they manufacture tons of devices for almost every conceivable segment, from throwaway phones all the way to the N900 i am typing on right now.

comparing to apple or htc is ridiculous.

if both microsoft and nokia are debuting low price 'social' phones then there must be a market for it. combine this with the gradual degradation of the US carrier subsidization model and it REALLY makes sense.

ask yourself what is more important to nokia, making the most money or having the best single platform/device on the market? sometimes those paths cross, but they are not mutually dependent
They were big, they are loosing positions, and they will be...
Motorola lost its kingdom few years ago, right? (Nokia rules)
And now, Nokia is loosing. No more, no less.
Nokia dominating US market?

And we know WHO are changing our world, dislike it or not: Google and Jobs, and sorry, not Nokia (yes,yes, they are Satan, Evil, "i don't sell my soul"...)

No way, this is maemo.org so Nokia allways is right. Lets see!

i like these phones, there not for me. but i can see people like my parents or sister buying them. my sister especially the E5, this way she can stop bothering me with driving directions. free ovi maps is a nice way to get other people interested in these phones.

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
for almost every conceivable segment, from throwaway phones all the way to the N900
Depending on the next update we've been waiting for, the N900 can be in the "throwaway" category

Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
They were big, they are loosing positions, and they will be...
Motorola lost its kingdom few years ago, right? (Nokia rules)
And now, Nokia is loosing. No more, no less.
Nokia dominating US market?

And we know WHO are changing our world, dislike it or not: Google and Jobs, and sorry, not Nokia (yes,yes, they are Satan, Evil, "i don't sell my soul"...)

No way, this is maemo.org so Nokia allways is right. Lets see!
Prepare to be owned by the strong hammer of facts:

"NOKIA no major news here. Plugging along as the undefeated world heavyweight champ with no scheduled title bouts on the horizon. Last quarter Nokia posted increased smartphone sales and more importantly, growth in its market share. Nokia related news recently, many analysts reported that the smartphone market is increasingly shifting to low-cost smartphones (big surprise, yeah, haha). They make the point that in the most advanced markets like in many European countries, the growth is all in the low end of smartphones. This we will see ever more in America as well. And who got us there? It was of course Nokia first to drive that shfit. Totally in line with what to expect from the grand master. My forecast holds for modest decline in its market share but still clear biggest maker of smartphones for Nokia this year."

From: http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...n-trouble.html

In fact, I would recommend further reading:

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...t-preview.html

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...t-success.html

Stop drinking the ignorant US blogger Kool Aid.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:

Tags
announcement, connect, countdown, event, everyone connect, if u don't like your n900, just sell it, nokia