Active Topics

Hi devs,

can somebody look into an app that feeds the homescreen with calendar items? Since Nokia isn't planning to introduce it (thought I read it on konttori his blog), would be nice if the community offers a solution.

I'm referring to the old-school calendar items that are shown on S60.

Maybe it could be an app that allows the user to indicate which calendars (if there are multiple calendars on phone) can be showed, how many days in front of the event (1/2/3/7), show birthdays (the day it happens or in front).

I really hate it that you always have to check the calendar. It was the same on iphone, but since iOS5 they show the events in dropdown toolbar.

What do you guys think?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hakki_01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Some calendar events are shown. I just tested this, and timed events are shown in the feeds for a period before and during the event with a nice little calendar icon. And if you slide the notification to the left or right in the wallpaper screen, or touch it in feeds, you are brought into the calendar at that event. I am not sure what the time limits are (i.e. from how long before), and all day events (such as birthdays) do not seem to be displayed. Oddly enough, this feature isn't mentioned in the official user manual.

I agree it would be nice to have some control over this functionality and perhaps extend it a bit.

Last edited by noetus; 2011-11-03 at 22:30.

Co-ask for Calendar feeds. What I want is to push today events in calendar to be displayed in homescreen.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Some calendar events are shown. I just tested this, and timed events are shown in the feeds for a period before and during the event with a nice little calendar icon. .
I know they are shown when event is going on and a little bit in advance, but at that point I'm already late or I will know it because of the alarm. Would be better to have a reminder a day or few days in front.

I am looking into this as I am interested in this feature myself. However, it might take some time as I am quite busy at the moment. I will however report back as soon as the first usable version exists.

At the moment I am planning to support the following:
  • Configuration via the Settings application of the N9/N950
  • Calendar entries are shown in the feed pane of the home screen
  • Default settings for all calendars: Maximum number of entries to show in advance, maximum number of days to show in advance
  • Overridable settings for each calendar instance

Birthday support may come at a later stage. Do you have any further ideas of what should be included?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chillip View Post
I am looking into this as I am interested in this feature myself. However, it might take some time as I am quite busy at the moment. I will however report back as soon as the first usable version exists.

At the moment I am planning to support the following:
  • Configuration via the Settings application of the N9/N950
  • Calendar entries are shown in the feed pane of the home screen
  • Default settings for all calendars: Maximum number of entries to show in advance, maximum number of days to show in advance
  • Overridable settings for each calendar instance

Birthday support may come at a later stage. Do you have any further ideas of what should be included?
Seems to be fine.. keep it simple

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Romania
Yes, I NEED this as well, it has annoyed me that N9 misses this functionality regarding the calendar, which was what I loved the most on my old E51. I forgot about the birthday of a friend yesterday because of this, having been used to remember such stuff by just glancing at my phone.
If possible, showing events and to do's also on the lockscreen would be even more useful.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
Yes! Please make that happen.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
It is possilble to create a Feed from Gmail Calendar.

Sorry for my English
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to superjunior For This Useful Post:
I would also like to have application/software update to get simple 1-3 lines reminder for upcoming calendar events with set time (1-48h). Doable?