Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
@guyr

N900 has a very short range.
Actually, someone in this thread pointed out (and it seemed true from my rudimentary tests) that what makes the N900 seem to have a short range is that it has a limited beam, so it points very precisely and it's easy to point in a slightly different place than it should.

In fact, I'm sure that some people think they didn't get Qtirreco working, when what actually happened is they didn't realize their N900 has to be pointed more precisely than their normal remote would.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
@geneven
That is right, however even with the most accurate beam marksmanship I can't squeeze more than 2m out of it to the TV. I guess it also depends on the target's sensor coz to my surround receiver I can get almost 3m out of the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Hi, this evening i try again the irsend command and now it works fine !
I don't understand why, i do not reboot my n900... I don't think that the problem was the limited beam of the N900/ir (or short range).
Thank you everybody to help me.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Has anyone tried sticking a diffuser or little prism over their IR port and seeing if it reduces the precision needed?

Someone may already have said the following, but I'm not dregging through 51 pages to look for it:
If the IR port is bidirectional why not add a function to qtirreco to allow copying of IR patterns from existing remotes? That way you can add all of the functions from all of your stand alone remotes without searching for a set of patterns which may not exist in an available library (as is the case with a number of my devices here in the USA).

http://natisbad.org/N900/n900-commen...are-specs.html
The line "-> Linux Infrared Remote Control IR receiver/transmitter drivers (INPUT_LIRC [=y])" make it seem it could do bidirectional.

Last edited by monkeyman; 2011-03-24 at 14:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
No, the IR port is NOT bidirectional (a google search on bidirectional and IR port on these forums might have found that, perhaps). you have to use another device to read the codes, if you can. usb adapters exist for not much, or other high end remotes.

downloaded and installed i have dreambox dm500s which is in the db but it is no good

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Any plans of porting this to Meego?

I think it's an amazing app and one of the unique one's on our N900.
Many users would love to see a Meego port as many will run Meego OS on their N900 once it gets a stable release.

I'm using Qtirreco and there's not remote for my air conditioned . How could I make one ? I know the n900's IR it's only transmitter , so is there any other way to record signal from remote ?

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
I'm using Qtirreco and there's not remote for my air conditioned . How could I make one ? I know the n900's IR it's only transmitter , so is there any other way to record signal from remote ?
you need to use a PC with an IR receiver to record the codes then transfer to your n900. Guides are in this thread already.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Tags
irreco, qtirreco