Notices

Ok., I can answer some parts of my questions. I looked in the code of David. Nice code and good to understand.
Roadrunner seems to store the imported Pois in a sqlite database. So I think the will be available permanently.
My other internal question was considered about keeping display on. Roadrunner keeps display on when it is on alert.
So I will give Roadrunner a try.
Thanks to David for this nice application.

I have been looking for redlight camera info in the Ontario, Canada are unsuccessful. If you know where to find it, post away

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by Tahitibob View Post
Hi
I made a little application for my personnal use : Roadrunner
It alerts You when You're approaching a speed camera (beeps and LED blinks)
Speed cameras locations are available for United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal and Sweden.

http://david.hautbois.free.fr/joomla...=108&Itemid=62

David.
hi, great app but it wont import the kml or gpx file for me, i get "error importing file" message

i cant attach the file unfortunately, can you PM me i could send you the files, you might be able to spot a problem ?

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
hi, great app but it wont import the kml or gpx file for me, i get "error importing file" message

i cant attach the file unfortunately, can you PM me i could send you the files, you might be able to spot a problem ?
Managed to get a CSV version of the KML file i need, now working and brilliant, thank you very much for developing this.

please do continue the work, I would love to see as one posted said a radar image with the camera location relative to my GPS position but think this might be tricky.

Anyway thanks again

Great app, thnx for taking the time to make it available for everyone!

Why is the question "Where can you download uk camera's from" so hard to answer??? I've installed this app which would be good for me as i drive for a living but i'm afraid its useless without the cameras? i've been to all the links in previous posts and i'm met with a load of crap on registering and paying and then if ya find somethin to download you have no idea what format it is or anythin? I mean.. can someone just say, download the tomtom ones or the garmin ones coz they work coz so far i'm just gettin annoyed. I live in the uk so where's the file i need please? Why can't it be included with the app when downloaded? Happy for thoses who got it working but i can't waste any more time tryin to figure it out. If someone can give us a clue that would be much appreciated

OK!! Anybody wanting UK cameras, go to google and type "kml safety cameras in europe" The 1st result should say....

[KML] Safety cameras in Europe

Its a direct link to the kml file needed. Here's a link to the page....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=3...aqi=&aql=f&oq=

My safe search is also off incase your results are different to mine. I thank you!

Last edited by natedog400; 2011-07-24 at 22:30.

Doesn't pick up all camera's doesn't bleep just vibrates, absolute shite way of gettin it to work. Doesn't get my vote. Uninstalled but good effort! I think?

Has anyone used this app lately? I used to have it installed ages ago and it automatically downloaded and installed the camedra databases, it seems as tho it doesnt do that anymore.

If anyone has/is used/using Roadrunner on a regular basis It would be great if you relayed any tips.