Active Topics

Notices

Running n800 with latest firmware with Canola beta 10 no reboots.

Udated to canola beta 11 and I am now having reboot issues when the charger is plugged in. Gets into a reboot cycle and won't stop until charger is unplugged.

I totally reflashed the device with the latest firmware (Not auto-upgrade) and installed canola beta 11 and still have the same results.

Even gets into a reboot cycle with out turning the device on. That's with the device off, plug charger in, charging screen appears then device reboots.

It seems strange that canola would be to blame but it started happening RIGHT after updating to beta 11 from 10 which gave me no issues.

My battery is roughly a year old. Any advice would be helpful.

eric

Could it be an SD card that has gone bad?

I have an 8GB standard size flash card in the removable slot that I reformatted to fat (with the device) about 2 months ago. I listen to music and podcasts from it all the time. It's never given me a problem.

Actually, I used to have other canola related problems when it was formatted to ext3. Canola would just stop playing songs randomly and would have to restart canola to be able to access the files again. And sometimes the drive would become unmounted somehow and was inasccessable until I restarted the device.

The SD card seems unrelated.

If you've reflashed, reinstalled and nobody else is having this issue, but you are, then I'm still inclined to believe that the SD card may be the weak link.

The reason I say this is because I've used two different microSD cards on my Nintendo DS; both functioned just fine for basic stuff like storing files and neither showed any corruption, but only one card would crash my DS if I ever tried to save a game. That taught me that not all cards are built to the same standard of quality.

If you could try a different card, I would recommend this just to be sure that it's not your card.

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
If you've reflashed, reinstalled and nobody else is having this issue, but you are, then I'm still inclined to believe that the SD card may be the weak link.

The reason I say this is because I've used two different microSD cards on my Nintendo DS; both functioned just fine for basic stuff like storing files and neither showed any corruption, but only one card would crash my DS if I ever tried to save a game. That taught me that not all cards are built to the same standard of quality.

If you could try a different card, I would recommend this just to be sure that it's not your card.
I'll try to recreate the issue with and without the card. Any ideas on how to test the card manually ?

Not sure how to test the card directly, but easiest thing to do is to run Canola w/o the card inserted; e.g., place your video and music files on another card or the internal flash memory.

yeah I think Canola is causeing my tablet to randomly reboot all the time. I'm on an external sd card.

Tags
canola, reboot