Active Topics

i picked up an n800 the other day with os2008 on it. I'm trying to use bluetooth to connect to my nextel i335 cell phone but it doesn't seem to work. I've got the dial-up internet working no problem over bluetooth, the permissions are set on the phone to allow gps access and NMEA out is enabled. the phone can update it's gps location but when i try to use maemo mapper it just says searching for gps reciever and my phone keeps connecting and disconnecting to the n800.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
iDEN phones are problematic with NMEA out from what I recall. Try adjusting the BAUD rate.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Orlando, FL USA
I'm having the exact same problem connecting to the GPS on my i605. I have no problem connecting to the phone for internet access, but GPS doesn't seem to pass the NMEA data.

What Baud settings are you using Yodude? I used your tutorial to get the Boost internet access working, so I'm hoping you'll help us all again getting our GPS working. :-)

Thanks.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by mattbogdan View Post
I'm having the exact same problem connecting to the GPS on my i605. I have no problem connecting to the phone for internet access, but GPS doesn't seem to pass the NMEA data.

What Baud settings are you using Yodude? I used your tutorial to get the Boost internet access working, so I'm hoping you'll help us all again getting our GPS working. :-)

Thanks.
I gave up years ago...

As I recall attempting to use it with my iPAQ, the phone wanted two BT/serial connections with the iPAQ. One for receiving requests and the other for sending the data. I think the iPAQ was only capable of one or somesuch... (it could be the other way around, I can't recall.)

iDEN phones have an uber secure means of serial connecting and while they are capable of NMEA out, any requests they receive may be rejected if permission isn't given. The trouble is, incoming permissions can not be user accessed very easily.

i got a reply back from motorola and they said it wasn't possible because the i335 doesn't have SPP (Serial Port Profile) and none of their current nextel phones do either. so is there a way to use usb to get the gps info? i know regular linux has moto4lin but it doesn't support iden phones like nextel and boost.

How do you connect the bluetooth to the nokia n800?

Tags
bluetooth, connectivity, gps