Closed Thread
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by ugot1newmail View Post
Meego maybe but what about all the pissed off people who got the N900. What about us?
Same thing that happened with Android early adopters. Deal with the shortcomings 'til things improve. Then, like most Android users who were pissed, you'll probably end up happy in the end. Or give up easy and get something else.

As for me, my N900 works great and is friggin' amazing! Best 'phone' I've ever owned!
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
It's also nice to have people talking behind my back. At least have the decency to tell me by PM.

I stand behind my decision to lock that thread. At the time (and that is a very important factor), there was NOTHING implying that the N900 wasn't going to be supported by MeeGo. At the time, the only people who were saying such things were idiotic MeeGo naysayers.

Yes, I too am disappointed by Nokia's behaviour at this point, and if I were a mod today, and saw the same thread, I'd probably leave it open. However, this having happened MONTHS ago, I certainly hope no other mod will revoke my decision.

Feel free to restart the thread though.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ugot1newmail View Post
Dear mods,

Please can you unlock this thread now that i've been proven to be CORRECT!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48827&page=6

Thanks
you didnt got the balls to contact mods personally?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I must say that i'm allso really sick of all the negative posts on this forum about this and that missing and not getting and not working. This is the best phone on the market and even if it wasn't i wouldn't trade in for another. I just simply like this phone and the feeling off it and yes it's allso the best phone i've ever had. It really supports all the needs i have for a phone and i'm a noob when it comes to linux well any os actually, but this phone is so much fun
Anyway i would just like to say i support the lockdown of the other thread for the fact that at some point it must stop all that negtivity going around, but not supporting the name calling, just not needed Just see the tag...Pointless...

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
you didnt got the balls to contact mods personally?
Nope, I just wanted to raise this in public to underline the mistake of a heavy handed mod. Keep kidding yourselves about the N900's future if you like but the fact remains that Nokia have now announced that that Meego will not be officialy coming our way. If you can't see that this marks the death of Maemo and honestly believe that they will carry on supporting then be my guest.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
As a moderator on a couple of other boards, you seriously should have taken this to a private conversation with the admins of the boards instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
For the most part conversations should be open, especially those that deal with general practice and policy.

I believe an exception should be made when personalities come into conflict. No reason to burden an entire board with individual differences that should be better handled one-on-one and then escalated through administrative channels if/when that doesn't work.

An imperfect solution at times, true. Oh and I apologize in general for the times I've violated my own advice. They number too many.

Oh, and don't attach tags attacking other members in subforums I moderate. Not cool.

This forum has become so unbearable because of all the trolling and whining that I try to spend as little time here as possible. I was really starting to enjoy posting paintings I did with Mypaint (which is such a cool cool app in N900, a real killer app for all the artists with N900) but then I thought that why should I be part of this shitstorm known as talk.maemo.org. I mean all the guys in the Mypaint/drawing-threads have been super nice and really such a cool bunch, but overall this forum has slipped into a hell hole. I tried to avoid the other threads but well, you end up reading some of the stuff anyway and then your blood pressure gets up again. Guess I'm just too sensitive.

So now I come to this place as little as possible only to see what's happening with Maemo/MeeGo. I'm really thankful for all the pro-Maemo/N900 people here, all you developers and such, since you're doing a great job. All the whiners should take a good look in the mirror and see who's the biggest problem (i.e. why did you buy the device if you didn't know what you were buying...). Legitimate problems of course should be talked about, but the constant trolling is really quite sad.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pasih For This Useful Post:

False advertising / marketing hype mainly.

Closed Thread

Tags
epic lulz, forum, moderation, op is a gerbil, policy, practice