Posts: 19 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Paris
Hi guys,

I was editing a wiki page about Modest email client and was informed only my IP address would be considered in history. I then tried to login again, but got the following error:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query wasSQL query hidden)
from within function "User::saveSettings". MySQL returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'sirloon' for key 2 (apps.maemo.org)".

This doesn't sound good Should I try later ?

TIA
Cheers,
Seb

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Maybe the server already have a session open with your user, then when you try to login from a different IP-address it thinks you're already logged in. If that's the case, wait a few minutes and try again.
(since I don't know anything about the Wiki software, I'm not sure this is the case)

Yeah you're right, I must have forgotten to log out from another PC (and never do this anyway)

Thanks
Seb

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I've got the exact same problem trying to logon to the wiki, only with username pelago. I don't think I'm logged on elsewhere, and even if I was, this isn't normally a problem with MediaWiki sites, so I think there must be something wrong here.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by sirloon View Post
Hi guys,

I was editing a wiki page about Modest email client and was informed only my IP address would be considered in history. I then tried to login again, but got the following error:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query wasSQL query hidden)
from within function "User::saveSettings". MySQL returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'sirloon' for key 2 (apps.maemo.org)".

This doesn't sound good Should I try later ?
Indeed that doesn't look good. It might be related to some changes I was making yesterday. Let me look into it. Can you do me a favour and create a bugzilla report so that I can keep you updated & have this on my todo list, please?

Dave.

Originally Posted by dneary View Post
Indeed that doesn't look good. It might be related to some changes I was making yesterday. Let me look into it. Can you do me a favour and create a bugzilla report so that I can keep you updated & have this on my todo list, please?

Dave.
Hi Dave,

I created a bug report in bugzilla (n°10651), I selected "wiki" as component, but I'm not sure it's been forwered to you.

Let me know if I can help.

Cheers,
Seb

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
I've reverted the guilty commit. It wasn't actually mine - some unrelated changes that hadn't gone live that set off my bat radar, but I didn't second-guess the person who'd made the changes.

Can you try again now, please?

Dave.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post:
Yes, it works now !

Thanks
Seb

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks, this has fixed my wiki logon problem too.