Originally Posted by diogotrc View Post
Here Maps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMVLOvdqrFg
based on marcus' review of LE OH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUSIjhBGknQ) is that just NFC enabled double profile? NFC enabler OH? Bit buggy as it took him a couple of tries so he might not have found out yet
edit: in another he mentions having more than two 'profiles' earlier, back to the drawing board

Last edited by szopin; 2013-11-28 at 02:03.

Can anyone with the device please post the repos which are used by the stock OS (or were they posted already?).

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Brazil
New video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TaXKchYq6I

Does the camera recorder support VPx codec?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Video is OK. Very simple OS. Bare bones really. It's truly beta and clearly geared towards developers to work on apps and development. Average Joe will not buy this device.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
On the positive note I can see mail for exchange all, and there seems to be landscape mode for video.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
On landscape mode, w00t mentioned on irc that they received the requisite sensors etc pretty late but they will be pushing it out via updates. They are aiming for updates roughly monthly.

What is encouraging is that they are taking steps to future proof their implementations unlike Nokia who had to create workarounds for previous workarounds hence ending up with a lot of cruft.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I noticed it uses Bash 3.2 which is old. The reason Mer provides it, is to appease vendors who are scared of GPLv3. But Jolla isn't scared, so why isn't newer Bash packaged? I think Mer should provide an alternative set of newer packages for those vendors who aren't scared of GPLv3. I.e. those should be two sets of packages provided by some metapackage. For example:

gpl3-vendor
gpl2-vendor

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-11-28 at 04:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ New Delhi
Does any one else feel the lack of Skype integration? =/

i am interested to know about event feed integration please..hows it?

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience