Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That message comes when init cannot find the menuscript "select_and_boot_os.sh" from your CPIO.
Usually that means that you have managed to put in incompatible CPIO or corrupted the one you are loading....

What is your ubiboot version number?

If you cannot boot any OS now, what you should do is connect the USB cable to a computer and go to the ubiboot maintanance mode.
Then you can telnet to the device and check what is the state of the FS, and why the menuscript is not found.

As a temporary measure you can just flash a normal Harmattan Open Mode kernel (like the L2-fixed kenel, for example...)

If you do so, and manage to boot up Harmattan, please could you post your ubiboot.log file so I can check what is the cause of the problem?
On versions older than 0.3.5 the loaction is /var/log/ubiboot.log and on newer versions /home/user/MyDocs/ubiboot.log
sir, i have flashed main.bin to recover.atleast my harmattan is up..dont know why suddenly all of sudden after a reboot.i got this error....i couldnot find ubiboot.log in MyDocs.i am using ubiboot specially for sailfishn harmattan.i can see a folder named "de" inn MyDocs..will that help?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnyteki For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Sunnyteki View Post
sir, i have flashed main.bin to recover.atleast my harmattan is up..dont know why suddenly all of sudden after a reboot.i got this error....i couldnot find ubiboot.log in MyDocs.i am using ubiboot specially for sailfishn harmattan.i can see a folder named "de" inn MyDocs..will that help?
Sorry, I had a typo there, the correct location is /home/user/MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log
Can you find that file?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
After my last trouble with ubiboot I need to enter the passwords at each bootup, even if I remove the accounts. Any ideas why?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I think it something related to openmode. i saw something in some guide about flashing or so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
After my last trouble with ubiboot I need to enter the passwords at each bootup, even if I remove the accounts. Any ideas why?
You need to use back-to-back Closedmode-Openmode flashing, that way you will avoid all the ugly aegis-related problems in Open Mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
no need to flashing
just remove your accounts, /home/user/.accounts and /home/user/.aegis, reboot and create accounts again.

private keys changed when switched to openmode, and aegis no longer can encrypt own partitions to get passwords and etc

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Well, I didn't use closed mode at all in the meantime, but I'll try coderus' method and report

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Hi, would it be a nice idea to add a kind of "main" password directly in Ubiboot instead of one for each OS?

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Well, I didn't use closed mode at all in the meantime, but I'll try coderus' method and report
It did work.

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Hi, would it be a nice idea to add a kind of "main" password directly in Ubiboot instead of one for each OS?
Well yes, there are ways of doing that (encrypt all partitions, query for key in ubiboot, pass the authenticated token somehow neatly into the starting kernel's memory area...)

However, technically very difficult to achieve, unfortunately

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: