Hi everyone !
I want to present my xmpp client. I know, this app is not new. MeegIM took part in "Coding Competition 2012". But in that time it was a very crude app and had a few features. But I was developing on it and it acquires some new features. And new features will appear in new versions.

Here is some screenshots:

More information you can find out here:
http://code.google.com/p/meegim/

Also the project is available on http://projects.developer.nokia.com/meegim/wiki . But later I am not going to support that page. The main page of the project will be code.google.com/p/meegim.

Of course, it may not work properly in some places, but I'm developing. If you found bugs or have ideas for improvements please use the "Issues" on the home web-page to add an entry. Or you can post it here. Anyway I will be glad of any feedback.

Now the latest version of MeegIM is 0.4.4. You can download it here http://meegim.googlecode.com/files/m....4.4_armel.deb

Or you can visit the home page of the project and download it there.

ChangeLog:
* templates of accounts were added (xmpp; gTalk, Yandex)
* a long-tap menu was added in the roster
* a long-tap menu was added in the chat window
* background was changed
* In the menu of the chat window "leave chat" item was added

Thank you for your attention

Last edited by qnetman; 2013-01-05 at 17:01.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to qnetman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
finally, some decent im client. hate to keep reentering my password because it's in openmode...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
I think MeeIM instead of MeegIM would be a better name
Anyway, nice work! Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
finally, some decent im client. hate to keep reentering my password because it's in openmode...
You delete the 3 folders and you'll have to re set-up the accounts but after 2nd reboot they don't ask for passwords anymore...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Will you add landscape support?
Would be very handy for N950 users

edit: Whenever I talk to someone, the message that I've typed in, comes directly back at me, like the person who I am talking to says it to me (so everything comes up double at the chat screen)
tried it using Gtalk

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-12-23 at 18:38.

Will you add landscape support?
Would be very handy for N950 users
Landscape mode is supported in the chat window. In other windows it supports too, but I block this mode, because in some windows there are some problems with GUI. Perhaps I'll fix it and make an option and user can turn on landscape mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to qnetman For This Useful Post:
Whenever I talk to someone, the message that I've typed in, comes directly back at me, like the person who I am talking to says it to me (so everything comes up double at the chat screen)
tried it using Gtalk
Could you tell more about it. Sorry, but I do not understand what's going on

Originally Posted by qnetman View Post
Could you tell more about it. Sorry, but I do not understand what's going on
I took a screenshot of what I mean.

When I talk, the person is like "Talking back to me" with the same message.

Edit: One more favour to ask: Can you add a "daemon" function? so it will run as a daemon while closing the window?
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-12-23 at 21:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
I took a screenshot of what I mean.
When I talk, the person is like "Talking back to me" with the same message.
If I understand you, when you write some message to anyone, it is returned back to your client, right ? If it is so, I don't know answer. I've never seen this situation.
Something you are hiding from me

Or you are connected to same account from two different client. In this case if you want to send a message to another client, you have to select resource of that client.

Can you add a "daemon" function? so it will run as a daemon while closing the window?
now this feature is not supported. And near future is unlikely to appear. Because I didn't think about it when I designed the structure of the project.

The Following User Says Thank You to qnetman For This Useful Post:
even i see this chat returned back to , exactly same as htheb reported in the screenshot above.

@qnetman , could you post a summary of the settttings you used for google talk account? May be we can find a clue from there.

Thanks a lot for this cool chat cllient ! It looks very good.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post: