Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
I will test it with my Audi (Radio Symphony).

1. Edit: Nokia PC Suite (7.1.180.64): Contacts can be opened and syncronized with Outlook!

2. Edit: N900 can be connected with my Audi's hands-free device successfully. Address book has been imported well. Bluetooth manager of N900 displays a HFP connection.
First of all thank you very much for the test.

1) great you tested PC Suite
2) Did you see all contacts? I get back my car and I see 4 problems:
- first contact (not alphabetically) wasn't shown as HF use first VCARD as "My identity"
- contact with defined skype has added letter "A" at the end of phone number (e.g. +420123456A)
- wrong parsing of PHOTO;VALUE=uri in HF which leads to joinig two contacts into one
- Maemo SDK had set wrong parameter so even plain recompiling evolution-data-server leads to crashing Calendar (occasional)

I solved all of above. I uploaded correct updated version of evolution-data-server to http (colon) (double slash) merlin1991 (dot) at (slash) ~luf (slash) pbap
Right now I'm cleaning the code of obexd and I'll release new version later today or maybe tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luf View Post
2) Did you see all contacts? I get back my car and I see 4 problems:
- first contact (not alphabetically) wasn't shown as HF use first VCARD as "My identity"
The first contact shown within my Audi's hands-free device is all right. The first contact shown in PC Suite is fine, as well. But some persons seems to be without a number in the PC Suite contacts. This are contacts, where the number is in a field like "work number" and "private number". If the number is in a "number only" field, it will be shown. Otherwise: Every number is shown on the N900 itself. And when I syncronize between PC Suite and Outlook, the every number is shown in Outlook.

- contact with defined skype has added letter "A" at the end of phone number (e.g. +420123456A)
I have no skype contacts ...

- wrong parsing of PHOTO;VALUE=uri in HF which leads to joinig two contacts into one
??? I do not understand, what do you mean ...

- Maemo SDK had set wrong parameter so even plain recompiling evolution-data-server leads to crashing Calendar (occasional)
Till now, my calendar is working without a crash.

I solved all of above. I uploaded correct updated version of evolution-data-server to http (colon) (double slash) merlin1991 (dot) at (slash) ~luf (slash) pbap
Right now I'm cleaning the code of obexd and I'll release new version later today or maybe tomorrow.
That is fine. I will test it!

Last edited by Acurus_; 2012-07-21 at 21:16.

Hey guys, i know this is a n900 thread, but since there is no real movement for PBAP on the N9, i was wondering how hard it would be to get this to work on the N9. As far as i understood and did research, it already has obexd that starts with the PBAP protocol/plugin, but the names won t get transferred to PBAP enabled devices (headset in my case). So i was wondering what would need to be done in order to get this working (editing bluez and recompiling it with PBAP support?)? thanks

The N9 and PBAP is mysterious. It is not officially integrated. But some persons can use PBAP functionalities, other not. You should try to reset the bluetooth connection. If this will not work, you should try an other headset.

Last edited by Acurus_; 2012-07-22 at 07:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acurus_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
The N9 and PBAP is mysterious. It is not officially integrated. But some persons can use PBAP functionalities, other not. You should try to reset the bluetooth connection. If this will not work, you should try an other headset.
yes, im well aware of it, thats why i asked for help here but ehm new headset, i just spent 50e for this nokia one thats really nice and useful, but doesnt do pbap with the n9, thats why i was wondering if anyone got ideas how to make it work, since it clearly supports pbap on a lumi 800 and on all android devices i have O_o

Last edited by crnkoj; 2012-07-22 at 09:28.

If I am right, it should be problematic, to chance something in the N9 like it has been changed for the N900 here. Because the PBAP inside the N9 is not "that open" like in the N900. Otherwise PBAP is a part of the N9, but it does not work with every device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acurus_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by crnkoj View Post
Hey guys, i know this is a n900 thread, but since there is no real movement for PBAP on the N9, i was wondering how hard it would be to get this to work on the N9.
I'm sorry I have no N9. I think you don't use PBAP but IrMC profile. There is only missing '/' in two places. If you read whole previous page we talked about it with hschmitt (and hschmitt sent patch to the obexd team).

For sure PBAP/IrMC aren't related to bluez package. It's in obexd package (as you can see which packages to update on N900).

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry I have no N9. I think you don't use PBAP but IrMC profile. There is only missing '/' in two places. If you read whole previous page we talked about it with hschmitt (and hschmitt sent patch to the obexd team).

For sure PBAP/IrMC aren't related to bluez package. It's in obexd package (as you can see which packages to update on N900).
i did in fact try enabling irmc plugin on the n9 and it started fine, but still not working. But the headset is PBAP and not IRMC compatible (has it in the specs and on the android devices it uses PBAP).
Sadly i dont know that much about linux and specifically bluetooth/obex, so i dont really know where to start patching or editing.
thanks again

if were now using obexd 0.46, does that mean message access protocol might be possible

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
if were now using obexd 0.46, does that mean message access protocol might be possible
If someone write the code for Maemo Everything is possible.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile