Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Well, I have to return to Android
I was very happy with Sailfish OS, but I began to have problems with memory space, and begins to go very slow... I didn't receive messages from Whatsapp...
So well... I will return back after more improvement with this OS, anyway, I contributed to support Jolla. Hope they will make more stable soon

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
I have whatsapp, facebook messenger, skype and linphone running on my SailfishX and i did not notice any slowing down. I've yet to experience any serious problem with my dailly use. Polar sync does not work but that is no problem because can sync it when i charge.

Also use other apps like engadged and foreca weather from android without problems.

I do use 4g all the time, what network do you use? I noticed some problems with wifi and android.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
I am not good in Linux, but with
Code:
chattr -i /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
you again allow changes in com.android.vending-1.apk,
and you are able to remove or phone is able to update it.

Those who know better, can correct me. :-)
This works! I now have 7.3.25.K.

After the update I "locked" it again with
Code:
chattr +i /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
Now it can't update itself, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to asa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
This works! I now have 7.3.25.K.

After the update I "locked" it again with
Code:
chattr +i /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
Now it can't update itself, right?
Correct

It's technically immutable which is why it's an i, in case you're interested.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Bluetooth works for the first call but then it does not work anymore, just no sound. Hope they get that fixed in the near future but I guess this is not on the top of the priority list.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
"Official" workaround to enable WLAN hotspot at XperiaX:
https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...g-WLAN-hotspot

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
From together Jolla
NEWS

2017-10-20: Sailfish X instructions improved. RC4 expected next week.
I just wonder if RC4 will be a OTA update or will we need to flash it

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2017-10-24 at 12:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
From together Jolla

Well normally you can't expect people to flash the phones they just configured to fit their needs.
IIRC you could update in the community versions, so OTA should be possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to peperjohnny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
In fact, its even the opposite :
the current RC already has an official YUM repository with RPM packages.

It's just that you have a chicken and eggs problem :
Before having Sailfish X on your Xperia X, you don't have pkcon (or zypper, depending on your preferences) to install the RPMs to actually install Xperia X.
(And same goes for the other tools like lvm which are necessary to create the partition-scheme used by Sailfish X).

So it's much simpler to straight flash a ready-to-use image the first time and only use the YUM RPM repositories for upgrades or getting software that isn't installed by default.

(Rather than going through the manual route, which will probably require telneting into hybris-recovery.img image, copying extra stuff over netcat, manually partitionning, manually build initial RPM database, setting up reverse tether and install all the RPMs one-by-one).

The Following User Says Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
In fact, its even the opposite :
the current RC already has an official YUM repository with RPM packages.

It's just that you have a chicken and eggs problem :
Before having Sailfish X on your Xperia X, you don't have pkcon (or zypper, depending on your preferences) to install the RPMs to actually install Xperia X.
(And same goes for the other tools like lvm which are necessary to create the partition-scheme used by Sailfish X).

So it's much simpler to straight flash a ready-to-use image the first time and only use the YUM RPM repositories for upgrades or getting software that isn't installed by default.

(Rather than going through the manual route, which will probably require telneting into hybris-recovery.img image, copying extra stuff over netcat, manually partitionning, manually build initial RPM database, setting up reverse tether and install all the RPMs one-by-one).
That's why in the non-embedded world we have installers.

An installer is usually a fairly minimal image you will boot on the hardware that runs an installer software that sets up your storage and installs the system - generally either from local repositories on the media or from repositories available over the network.

This has a range of benefits, such as being able to setup storage and other aspects of the installed systems to your liking & to best fit the given device.

Also you don't need to maintain a specific installation image for each piece of hardware, just single installer image for a wide range of hardware. For example there is just a single Fedora Workstation installation image for all 64-bit x86 computers, including Macs.

Last edited by MartinK; 2017-10-24 at 16:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Have you tried Dolphin and Safari. Pretty great. Too bad you have to walk around with an extra phone when using sailfish.

It simply not up to my standards an if you are happy. Go, but it won’t work as well for the things I do. So I guess I will and up with a iSheep X. I guess companies prioritize safari when building stuff and no one cares for Sail when testing.

I might get over it some day but for now Im totally disappointed of the usability of the browsers.

Anyhow. Xperia X out as main phone.
You can use Dolphin or Opera APKs also on Sailfish. Are those not up to your standards? You spend enough time here that I am sure you should have been prepared for the shortcomings of SFOS, and known that some adjustments would have to be made. Why do you seem surprised? I am finding my own short-comings (copy and paste, MMS on U.S. T-mobile, bare-bones email client), but so far am warming to it. I am giving and much, much more time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x