Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
why couldnt Nokia make something as simple as apple did for the iphone. 'RECOVERY MODE' any idiot can restore there phone after an failed update. i hate the iphone and what it stands for but that feature for me is so important. what happens if my phone finishes its warranty and the same thing happens??? bad luck i guess

can i ask how did you get your N900???

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
why couldnt Nokia make something as simple as apple did for the iphone. 'RECOVERY MODE' any idiot can restore there phone after an failed update. i hate the iphone and what it stands for but that feature for me is so important. what happens if my phone finishes its warranty and the same thing happens??? bad luck i guess
This is so annoying! I cant even power up my phone. Its just sitting there saying 'Play Me.' Then It teases me when I turn it on. The NOKIA phase comes on and the light brightens then.....POOF the screen turns black!

can i ask how did you get your N900???
nokiausa.com

hmmm. everything that is happening to your is happening to mine. exactly the same.

did you try to flash it with a fully charged battery???

hmmm. everything that is happening to your is happening to mine. exactly the same.

did you try to flash it with a fully charged battery???
I dont think its the battery but I never flashed it in the beginning. I used PC suite to reinstall the firmware. It froze at 1 sec and now Im trying to flash but its not working

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
At the current stage, N900 is probably only for power user. It's major focus is not on how 'easy' to flash (for an experienced Linux user, it's not too hard). There is no excuse for Nokia to make it easier to use, however.

Talking about QA, even the defective rate is 0.1%, every 1 thousand devices you will get one failure. And often defection comes in batch, you might be really unlucky one.

Originally Posted by bbns View Post
At the current stage, N900 is probably only for power user. It's major focus is not on how 'easy' to flash (for an experienced Linux user, it's not too hard). There is no excuse for Nokia to make it easier to use, however.

Talking about QA, even the defective rate is 0.1%, every 1 thousand devices you will get one failure. And often defection comes in batch, you might be really unlucky one.
Why do I have to be the unlucky one? :[

lol. you must have the same batch as me. dont worry we are not alone there are already a few i met with the same problem. bricked N900's through NSU.

i just hope nokia fix this nice and quick for us. i was going to start developing some apps with a friend of mine then this happened. its put me off

lol. you must have the same batch as me. dont worry we are not alone there are already a few i met with the same problem. bricked N900's through NSU.

i just hope nokia fix this nice and quick for us. i was going to start developing some apps with a friend of mine then this happened. its put me off
Still learning on how to make apps but when you do dont forgot about the IP sensor on the side of the nokia n900 =]

Tags
lack of quality control