i recently bought a used nokia n900 from one of my friend. it worked fine for the past two months and now it shows operation failed when i take camera for taking snaps. the same problem had existed once before and just once and then it was gone all by itself within a coupl of day.am new to this platform and don't know much about the xterminal and all those stuff..a working solution is urgently required and thanx in advance for the replies....hope some one helps me soon as the problem persist for the past two weeks

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
hi rayan.vengara
if you got fcam-drivers uninstall it (that package come with blessn900 and hdrcapture and fcam applications )
another thing if you bought it used flash your N900 so you got all clean then start with it .
have fun.
./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Did you reflash your N900 when you got it? Have you or, if you didnt reflash it, your friend installed anything that could have something to do with the camera like fcam drivers?

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Did you reflash your N900 when you got it? Have you or, if you didnt reflash it, your friend installed anything that could have something to do with the camera like fcam drivers?
reflash in the sense? things were ok when i bought it..n i now reinstalled my mobile software.i reset it to factory seting and formated it before...al these din work

Originally Posted by sifo View Post
hi rayan.vengara
if you got fcam-drivers uninstall it (that package come with blessn900 and hdrcapture and fcam applications )
another thing if you bought it used flash your N900 so you got all clean then start with it .
have fun.
./sifo
i dont have any of those on my phone.i use the nokia app itself for taking pics

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
i bet you have fcam installed.

uninstall the fcam drivers and reinstall them.
it will work

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
sorry but im sure this problem could be solved by a reflash btw install kernel power50 it may get you out of that problem
hope this help
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
i bet you have fcam installed.

uninstall the fcam drivers and reinstall them.
it will work
sorry i don have fcam installed in my phone. any other problem can cause the same?

Originally Posted by sifo View Post
sorry but im sure this problem could be solved by a reflash btw install kernel power50 it may get you out of that problem
hope this help
what is kernal power 50?how do i install it..am sorry as i said am not familiar with all these stuff...apreciate ur intrest

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rayan.vengara View Post
reflash in the sense? things were ok when i bought it..n i now reinstalled my mobile software.i reset it to factory seting and formated it before...al these din work
Reflashing restores the phone to factory state (removes all user data and reinstalls the OS), the "reset to factory settings" in the settings menu doesnt do the same. For more information see:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Flashing#Updat...ng_the_Flasher

Also to install kernel power v50 you must first enable Extras-testing and the install kernel power through application manager.