Active Topics

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
I hope one can get Sailfish to run on Xperia X Compact soon!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Well done, good news:-)

Can you share your image, i.e. update the Z3 tablet thread?
Not just yet, but I should hopefully have something releasable by the time that 2.1.1 gets properly released again.

I'll update the thread for sure

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
As far as I know only Sony phones needs to back up this DRM thing, otherwise you will lose certain function in camera (noise cancellation?) And screen colour enhancement.

Other manufacturers will just display you a warning screen (like Motorola) or lose warranty or can't do future OTA but won't have a functional loss as Sony.
So I just made an irreversible rookie mistake when I bought a second hand xperia x with nougat, enabled dev mode and checked the "unlock bootloader"? Craptastic.

The Following User Says Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
AFAIK there is no way take backup of TA and DRM on XZs
TA Backup could be made with Android 6. With Android 7 they bugfixed this security hole

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
So I just made an irreversible rookie mistake when I bought a second hand xperia x with nougat, enabled dev mode and checked the "unlock bootloader"? Craptastic.
The fastboot oem unlock... step is the one where you loose the drm keys. Unless you already did that they are still intact and can be backed up

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
The fastboot oem unlock... step is the one where you loose the drm keys. Unless you already did that they are still intact and can be backed up
Nope, just checked the option in settings, haven't even rebooted. Unchecked it right away.

The Following User Says Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
Nope, just checked the option in settings, haven't even rebooted. Unchecked it right away.
Checking it in the settings, doesn't unlock it on reboot... You need to go to the website, put in your IMEI number, and then get given the unlock code, and use that to unlock it when the phone is in fastboot mode.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
What are the drm keys for?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
HtheB, can you edit the first post to add the stuff about the DRM keys please? I feel like we are going in circles!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Speaking of backing up the DRM can the backupTA and flashtool be used in virtualized Linux (most likely Virtualbox) succesfully? What I know from experience sometimes "these kind of things" work and sometimes they don't in a VM.

EDIT: It seems the tools work on all three main desktop OS platforms which makes my question above pretty irrelevant.

Last edited by tmi; 2017-09-10 at 22:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x