Notices

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by saned View Post
Great job eugene! low light mode & HDR perform as advertised

I have an issue with the image viewer app, showing BlessN900 pics' thumbnails as mostly grey blocks. The pics themselves look fine when shown, just the thumbnail is corrupted. Any ideas? How could I regenerate the thumbnails?

+1, having the same problem. doesnt happen to all pictures on my device, though.

I found that editing the image slightly regenerates the thumbnail. Like adding +1 to contrast or flipping it vertically twice. Just a workaround anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to saned For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
for the thumbnail corruption, just don`t close the program when you take the photos....wait for it a little until it generates the thumbnails

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
I usually wait after taking a pic until the progress indicator stops spinning on the left side, before I hit it to see the image viewer. If I wait longer (ie. twice the spinning time) the thumbnail looks fine. Maybe the spinning time is too short for the thumbnail to be generated properly?

The Following User Says Thank You to saned For This Useful Post:
been playing with blessn900 today - excellent results. The GUI is a million times better than before, speed of operation is much better too, and the x4 zoom is amazingly good as long as you keep the camera steady for the shot.

Could you always take further shots while the spinning dots were doing their thing to indicate post-processing? You probably could, but it never occured to me. Much better now I know that!

I'm at the point where I'm now going to use it as my default camera app (via quick-launch) in preference to the stock camera app ... goodbye noisy, blue hazed night images, hello continuing to listen to my music whilst taking snaps! K

Keep up the good work guys. Widescreen option would be a nice addition for next release :-)

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Took the new blessn900 to the beach today and took some fantastic pictures. Especially the Shallow-mode is a wonderful addition.

Just to get home and find not a single photo had been saved. They were all gone.

So I checked the settings, and indeed it was set to save to SD only - which I am not using at the moment.
BlessN900 happily discarded any picture I took without ever missing a beat. It even gave me the info message that an unprocessed image had been saved when there wasn't enough light for Shallowmode. Never was I told that it didn't actually save anything. No error message, nothing.

I know , I know - who am I to judge. The program is nice, and it's free. Still, it never told me that it wasn't actually saving the beautiful pictures that took me hours to take, just throwing them right into the virtual dumpster.

Always check your settings first. Lesson learned.

The Following User Says Thank You to quingu For This Useful Post:
I had a similar issue with Panorama : the "Save" dialog was set to "/" by default, and I didn't notice at first, just pressing "OK".

Writes failed silently because of the user permissions, without any alert. Lost a couple that way before I finally realized...

Originally Posted by taril View Post
The focus is on the background. Is it default in BlessN900?
Actually the focus was on him but have you ever tried to get a 17 month old to stay still
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
How about some custom combination functions and scriptable shooting? (like, you take several shots at the same parameters in sequence and compose them together with additive blending to simulate shooting in B mode, or you take a sequence of photos each focusing on a different "quadrant" on a grid and then compose them shots together resulting in an image that kinda got the right focus everywhere at once. or you take an sequence of shots doing all the possible combinations of focus and exposure (preferably with some indication in the file name or in the metadata about the parameters) to use with a visualizer program that changes the focus and exposure live as you move the mouse cursor over the image making the point/area under the cursor have the best parameters, kinda like simulating an eye looking at the scene live. or you could shoot a sequence and compose the images with only the pixels brighter than the existing pixels being inserted for a different looking light painting etc, possibilities are endless)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I'm re-installing blessN900 now let's hope it is better like the hype all about

Tags
camera, nokia n900