Hi everyone, I've been living quite happily with my launch version N9 for more than a year now. However constant internet connection breaks got me to finally update my N9 to PR1.3 yesterday(miraculously didn't break mid update).

But there are worse problems with my internet connection now. Detection is fine, but everytime I connect to my wifi it shows the white wifi connected symbol for a moment and said theres something wrong with the internet connection. I read around the net, tried a reboot.

Now it connects easy, but for some reason the connection doesn't work. I can't access websites, youtube, email, app updates checking all won't budge. I have rebooted my router to no avail.

My N9 is also lagging a little bit more now, though that I can certainly live with. I have created the backup preupdate 1.3, but I can't find a way to get it to roll back.

Can someone please help?? I'm leaving for the states in a few days and the last thing I want is to have a faulty phone going over

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
There's a flashing thread here somewhere with instructions to flash I think I saw instructions to roll back in there.

I dont have similar problems, but maybe its the power saver mode. It dosconnects the internet connection. The no internet access over wifi I cant explain but I dont think its happening of the update. Just to double check, are you able to access internet over a different device with the same router?

Wasn't aware that the term was flashing, thanks.

Yeah its working fine, using the very same wifi day in day out on this computer. Brother's iphone and laptop connects and surfs fine as well.

Originally Posted by fuiseh View Post
I have created the backup preupdate 1.3, but I can't find a way to get it to roll back.
By "roll back" you mean go back to PR 1.1 or whatever it was before you upgraded to PR 1.3? That's not possible because it's considered a downgrade.

Did you upgrade over the air? Maybe what would help is to do a clean flash with the same PR or a higher version, because an OTA upgrade leaves some of the settings intact so you're not exactly getting a fresh device.

Just my two cents

Last edited by Janitor X; 2013-07-03 at 01:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post:
Yeah its working fine, using the very same wifi day in day out on this computer. Brother's iphone and laptop connects and surfs fine as well.
Try the other way round: Find a friends wifi-router and see if it works there. If you search the net you'll find numerous reports of different phones having some interconnection problem or other. In many cases the router is at fault (too).

Yeah thats what I meant by rolling back. I did the upgrade with my N9 connected to my home wifi, left it downloading and installing and came back when it was done. Is that over the air?

I'm really hoping its not my router problem, although I have my suspicions. Never liked dealing those. Will try it at somewhere else's wifi.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
I have the same problem.

Re-booting the router fixes it.

Also, IF I remember to disconnect 3G before going into range of wifi it's MUCH more likely to re-connect (without needing to reboot router)

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Yeah thats what I meant by rolling back. I did the upgrade with my N9 connected to my home wifi, left it downloading and installing and came back when it was done. Is that over the air?

I'm really hoping its not my router problem, although I have my suspicions. Never liked dealing those. Will try it at somewhere else's wifi.
Ya, that's over the air. Check out the thread on flashing, it's pretty comprehensive and gives you a step by step on doing a clean flash. Hopefully that solves the issue.

Good news, the problem seems to be solved for now! My N9 rebooted itself while I was getting into dev mode for the first time, after installing terminal. After that the wifi seemed to work.

After tinkering around I realized that I'll need to reboot my phone and maybe restart my router everytime I get the connection problem again. Don't know why it didn't quite work before... looks like my N9 certainly knew better.

Thanks for the help guys! Will still check out the flashing thread, something tells me it'll come in handy.