Active Topics

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
@Jalyst

you fancy putting prices and links people are posting in the first post of this thread?

here's what i have for Ireland so far:

IRELAND
Nokia N9 64gb
Phonesonline.ie black €699 preorder. no date
Expansys.ie black price unknown date unknown
Nokia N9 16gb
Phonesonline.ie colours unknown price unknown preorder no date
Expansys.ie black, cyan or magenta €599 November 3rd release date.

edit:
maybe other people can post the links and prices they've found for their countries and we can have a nice list we can all use to benefit ourselves.

Last edited by smegheadz; 2011-10-18 at 22:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brooklyn
Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
Your best bet would be wait until December and get it in NYC in one of those small electronic stores that are all over Times Square.
you must not be from nyc. there are only three places to buy such things here: mobilecityonline (as i've mentioned repeatedly), j&r, b&hphotovideo.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but the pocket computer doesn't have a sqrt function for the calculator. There is also no scientific calculator app for N9 at the moment.
Then what do you call this? http://store.ovi.com/content/194198?...cations&pos=33

EDIT: Oops I didn't know that that comment was posted in pg 6 of this thread lol..

There's nothing to see move on lads..

Last edited by bandora; 2011-10-19 at 02:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
a 64 GB for 650 € in France

http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Telephon...Black-64Go.htm

Just ordered mine, seller says on twitter that they got only 10 of it !
So my option is the best price for 64GB version un Europe
Only 10 arrived yesterday and more should come today as the customer manager told on twitter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
So my option is the best price for 64GB version un Europe
Only 10 arrived yesterday and more should come today as the customer manager told on twitter
Same price as the one I posted earlier at handtec so cheaper via handtec if you live in the UK.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php...locked--black-

Handtec have a few 64Gb's being released next week but not the 16Gb. Expansys just tweeted saying Nokia havent released the N9's for sale in the UK yet (so their old 15 day countdown is now null). Is ebay the only way!? Why is it so damn hard!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
@Jalyst

you fancy putting prices and links people are posting in the first post of this thread?

here's what i have for Ireland so far:

IRELAND
Nokia N9 64gb
Phonesonline.ie black €699 preorder. no date
Expansys.ie black price unknown date unknown
Nokia N9 16gb
Phonesonline.ie colours unknown price unknown preorder no date
Expansys.ie black, cyan or magenta €599 November 3rd release date.

edit:
maybe other people can post the links and prices they've found for their countries and we can have a nice list we can all use to benefit ourselves.
If people want to put together the best lists they can for their countries
(try not to duplicate other people's posts), I'll put them in the OP.
Once it's all together, I'll keep updating the OP....

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php...locked--black-
Handtec have a few 64Gb's being released next week but not the 16Gb.
I was about to drop a load of cash on HandTec when I did a search and found a bunch of people complaining of customer service stonewalling and assorted crapness.
And the only reason I'm willing to pay extra for a UK dealer rather than doing some dodgy import is for the warranty "peace of mind" ... and the customer feedback wasn't making me terribly peaceful.
I think I'll wait for one of the larger distributors to stock it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
the only reason I'm willing to pay extra for a UK dealer rather than doing some dodgy import is for the warranty "peace of mind"
...but warranty is EU-wide by law so long as you source it within the EU and live in the EU?

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I am writing about my experience dealing with highdefinition.ch. I would recommend people to not order from them and even cancel your order, if you can, based on my experience with them.

They refused to cancel my order, even though I ordered originally 14 days ago when the status was "external warehouse ready" and then they changed that and are STILL unable to give a date when my N9 would be available.

A direct quote from Frederic Steinfels, fst@highdefinition.ch, who is apparently handling my order, in an email to me today: "We do not offer a right to cancel an order."

When I complained and said that I DO have that right, especially given the circumstances, I got the following email:

"we are charging a fee of chf 75 for abusive order and cancellation without reason in this case."

That is about $83, folks. That's right, they are charging me $83 for the right to cancel an order they can't even fulfil and being abusive I assume because I used the word "ridiculous". (I said their policy is ridiculous.)

When I complained about this charge, and pointed out that they item is not even available, he said, I quote: "please understand that although the delivery date is unknown, this fact was already known when ordering".

This is flat out wrong. When I originally ordered, it was "external warehouse ready". It is even possible to see that on the order history on their website.

I will complain to my credit card company and issue a chargeback, but in the meantime, perhaps you should reconsider ordering from this company.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
For those in North America who would like the N9, I suggest we all request Newegg.com carry the phone. Hopefully if they see potential to sell many devices they will place a large order from Nokia.

http://secure.newegg.com/FeedBack/ShallWeCarry.aspx

Wont be soon but might be a decent price from a reputable seller.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixracer For This Useful Post:

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge