Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Hmm...

http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/20/nokia-n9-review/

now that is a review....very thoroughly.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Greece
Expansys Greece has now put a price on the N9 (669 motherfrakking euros) but they are still in the preorder phase with no clue about availability. It's like Nokia is playing hide the sausage (and take that as you will) with the few masochists refusing to be dazzled away by the 4s or the new nexus.

Last edited by giorgosmit; 2011-10-22 at 07:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to giorgosmit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Expansys UK have now dropped the N9 64Gb

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by strongm View Post

and thats the one we want ! typical...

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
So they dropped the by far most selling N9? or is that exactly why they dropped it, because it's so hard to get.

Verkkokauppa.com in here is getting N9 shippings every other day, but because of such a large demand there's 2-4 weeks waiting time to get N9 64GB.

I'm really surprised people are demanding the 64GB version so much. Isn't the 16GB iPhone the most sold one? It's not hard to find 16GB version N9's to buy in Finland, but in a same time people are clearly locked to only get the 64GB version.
I'm a phone nerd that fills double the 9.5GB space by music alone so 64GB makes sense to me, but i have been in a impression that most people don't really need more than that 9.5GB on their phones.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-10-22 at 10:25.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
NO!!! Sinclair Spectrum 48K ROCKS!!
if i recall correctly i think the processor could multi-task. i think it was sinclair Ql that linus torvalds started his low level programming on, could be wrong as it's been a long time since i read the book on the birth of linux and opensource, should read this book if you get a chance.
http://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Code-Lin.../dp/0738203335

i think some of the emulators are being ported to the n9, i'm lookin forward to the c64 one. brings back memories.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
And the long awaited engadget review that I was thinking wouldn't actually happen:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/22/nokia-n9-review/

Its concerning just how positive this review is. The only 2 gripes they have are that it has been killed off already and that its using mid-range hardware (which they only barely gripe about because it handles 20+ apps open with no issues and only stutters once in a while when opening some apps when you have a lot open).

Last edited by BwackNinja; 2011-10-22 at 13:30.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BwackNinja For This Useful Post:
Aaaand again it goes.. "Weak ecosystem!", "Dead platform!" I really don't get these messages. Many people don't even use 3rd party apps, so how is that an argument for those people? We (developers) can make (some) apps we are missing, right? So it isn't a big deal for us... I think it's valid point only for S. Elop -- he always talks about "shifting from battle of devices to war of ecosystems", but he has his wonderful ecosystem comming in weeks, so he does not bother either.

Anyway, who needs an ecosystem? What we need is community. And we are the community!

Happy owner of N9, the last Nokia smartphone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babraq For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ Oh noes, I'm too scared to read that one...
I was hoping they wouldn't get round to it, till after PR1.1 was out.
I just know everything they're going to assert before even reading.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-22 at 13:37.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Some complete lunatic comments here
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/10/20/el...mplete-denial/

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????