Active Topics

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I think there is a real sense of community here and we are familiar with this site. Also truth be told most members of the site are sort of anti-mainstream. It is expected that N9 will be a mainstream device unlike N900 which is a niche device. So I would expect that those of us that have been using this site since the N900 came out will continue to use it and the mainstream who have taken up meego will use meego.com. May be better that way.
nice words
anyway i will stay and i hope that TMO will welcome my meego questions

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Why not port maemo to n9 dual boot style? :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fasza2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I think there is a real sense of community here and we are familiar with this site. Also truth be told most members of the site are sort of anti-mainstream. It is expected that N9 will be a mainstream device unlike N900 which is a niche device. So I would expect that those of us that have been using this site since the N900 came out will continue to use it and the mainstream who have taken up meego will use meego.com. May be better that way.
Yes. For me I am interested in minimizing most expenses, and staying away from the mainstream helps.

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
its just like family here , setting aside the sarcasim and the harsh words from some members
but its still just like family
i never had a problem that couldnt be solved over here
i was asked to join the nokia fourm but screw that
maemo.org rocks!!
even though i never liked this orange theme but you end up liking it!
great ideas are generated over here, so any developer with a proper mind will always come back here for inspiration...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bakuur For This Useful Post:
well, there are some of us that were upset that they changed it from internet tablet talk in the first place...

maybe they should change it back

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
isnt the phone named E7??? and will have symbian 3 but will be upgraded to meego in the future thats what i heard somewhere

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
well, there are some of us that were upset that they changed it from internet tablet talk in the first place...

maybe they should change it back
Yeah I remember well. Could be an option depends on how the Admins handle it.
@ geneven
The question was asked as a generalisation as I my self would still visit here if I bought a Meego device such as the N9.
I was trying to get at the fact this is a maemo website and although like most people on here have said their questions would probably still be answered but would it be accepted by the admins and mods on here.
Look at the responses from them regarding directing to the NitDroid site for questions/answers.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by snuski View Post
isnt the phone named E7??? and will have symbian 3 but will be upgraded to meego in the future thats what i heard somewhere
no and no.
its called n9 and it will have meego

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by snuski View Post
E7 has symbian^3 and will be updatable to symbian^4.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
They just need to sort out the forum template for Meego.com. It reminds me too much of other cluttered, but standard views that most sites use. It creates an impersonal, and very task oriented feel. In TMO, I can come here to just browse without a reason - whereas in Meego.com it encourages the reader/user to filter through links to seek a particular outcome.

All i'm saying is change Meego.com to encourage this community feel. Change happens, but there are good ways to transition between the two OS's.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:

Tags
meego