Notices

Ok, got it... I had to use a anonymizing proxy, paying the prize for living in a totalitarian society. The new right-wing government of Sweden is at war with filesharing, all kinds... I'm moving to China... ;-)

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
Ok, got it... I had to use a anonymizing proxy, paying the prize for living in a totalitarian society. The new right-wing government of Sweden is at war with filesharing, all kinds... I'm moving to China... ;-)
Are you serious or are you being sarcastic?

Sarcastic - you tell me... The only way to reach mediafire.com from my ip-range (swedens biggest ISP, telia) was via a proxy (newbackdoor.com). Why would mediafire.com block swedish users? (maybe they're ashamed of the M$ XP theme they're using on the site)

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Sarcastic - you tell me... The only way to reach mediafire.com from my ip-range (swedens biggest ISP, telia) was via a proxy (newbackdoor.com). Why would mediafire.com block swedish users? (maybe they're ashamed of the M$ XP theme they're using on the site)
Wow, everyone on digg keeps going on about the safe place Sweden is for file sharers . It's stupid if they are blocking mediafire, I believe they blocked ThePirateBay at one time?

I would love to talk more (don't know about you ) but I'm going off topic

This could be related to TeliaSonera's current problems with foreign sites, it's been a problem here in your neighbour for a while now too.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Hi, it is great that you are testing new bleeding edge upstream mplayer sources. Have you tested if this flv seeking issue is fixed in the official mplayer 1.0 rc2 release? Or the latest SVN (pre-rc3 stuff) is needed for it?

BTW, there is one more reason to upgrade: https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum...7&forum_id=170

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No, i directly tried with the latest SVN, since RC2 came out before almost half an year. In this build flv plays fine, seeks, but one-two times i had audio sync problems right after the seek.

DVB-H is a great feature too, but i'm more interested in this option:

Slice-based parallel H.264 decoding (-lavdopts fast:threads=N)
Did someone try that?

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
Originally Posted by iancumihai View Post
Great ... can't wait to get a little time to do some tests.

i know i've wasted 5 hours to do this myself and in the end -vo omapfb had some problems (some armv5te asm - badly patched i think).

So many thanks for this.

Cheers
MIhai
Works perfectly hurraaay

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
No, i directly tried with the latest SVN, since RC2 came out before almost half an year. In this build flv plays fine, seeks, but one-two times i had audio sync problems right after the seek.
Well, people successfully watched video half a year ago for sure, so it is not like we badly need to use only the latest builds I prefer to have a good reason for every upgrade, as upgrading maemo package of mplayer from 1.0pre8 to 1.0rc1 in the past was not completely smooth and had a few minor issues to solve. Surely, all the problems are solvable, but they take some time and it is better when this work pays off and a new version is really better.

But of course, you proved that the upgrade is clearly justified now as we need to solve the flv seek issue anyway When I checked mplayer changelogs earlier, I apparently missed the information about flv related improvements.

DVB-H is a great feature too, but i'm more interested in this option:
Slice-based parallel H.264 decoding (-lavdopts fast:threads=N)
Did someone try that?
I tracked ffmpeg development all this time and surely have seen this feature. It was primarily developed for dualcore x86 processors such as Intel Core2 and Athlon X2 to help in decoding of very heavy HD videos. AFAIK initially there was a small performance regression on singlecore processors after introducing this feature. Anyway, this slice-based parallel H.264 decoding is useless for internet tablets as we have only one ARM core.

Sorry for the ignorance, and maybe for a little off-topic... How can I install MPlayer RC2 via executable? Should be of some help for other ppl too.

Thanks!