Hello,

I'm very please to have my N900, it works great as an internet tablet and quite good as a phone. I had previously owned two HTC Windows Mobile phones that I flashed very often thanks to the guys from xda-developers.

What miss me the most from these phones is:

- The vibration when the communication is done with the person you call. This avoid to have the phone close to your head while it connect to the network.
- A widget with the hour in a bigger format than the top status bar.
- The swipe to answer or not button to avoid the phone to automatically answer a call while getting out of the pocket.
- A portrait screen saver with the hour in white/black without the background light set on. In order to have the current hour visible while the phone is in front of me on my desk. This screen saver should be visible for a couple of minutes and then visible when pressing a key.
- When reading a received e-mail, it's not possible to delete it, you have to go back to the list of e-mail to do it.
- More than 2 profiles (General and Silent).
- A profile manager that switch to a silent mode when in meeting.
- An icon in the status bar that show that I'm currently in roaming. Most of the time this icon is a triangle.

And something that does not exist for the moment and I'm really missing, is a shortcut/widget on which I can click to force the phone to check its default operator. I cross the border each day, when I'm in the building the phone switch to roaming, but when I'm outside it does not switch to my operator because the local operators' signals are stronger. On my Windows Mobile phone I had to click 3 times on search Network for the phone to look for my operators and then it automatically switch to it. But I have found nothing similar on the N900. I cannot use manual network because I need to have the phone available in the building. I just need to be able to switch back to my operator when available outside of the building.

Except that, I found this phone really good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As requested by Twaelti, I have try to create a Wiki for this requests but finally found this two :
One for existing applications: Applications you wish were ported from other platforms.
And one for other requests: Community wish-list

Have a look and update if needed.

By the way, thanks for your interest.

Last edited by fred_ducl; 2010-03-23 at 20:17. Reason: Add some more information

The Following User Says Thank You to fred_ducl For This Useful Post:
I used to miss ovi maps 3 with voice guidance, but now Sygic Mobile maps is available this item is covered very well.

I am very satisfied with the N900, the one thing for everyday use I am missing is the possibility to sync more then 1 agenda. I have several agenda's in google agenda. Synchronising is possible through nuevasync, but the agenda's are combined to 1 agenda on N900.

Missing nothing, just the lack of knowledge about true linux based systems here .

If anything, i'm failing alot with tethering, need to learn a bit more about that .

The Following User Says Thank You to Catacylsm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toulouse, France
a Dpad would have been be really nice...

maybe someone can come up with a plastic dpad to clip on top ot hte left side of the keyb, pressing A F W Fn ...
would be cool.

The Following User Says Thank You to jesuska For This Useful Post:
Missing the voice Tags for contacts... very usefull when u r driving ur car with bluetooth car kit connected to the phone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom4_u For This Useful Post:
Convenience usage

- video calls
- voice tags for contacts
- usable calendar/todo

and one more:

- usable navigation software with voice turn-by-turn navigation

The Following User Says Thank You to Hrw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
a quick way to note down numbers while holding a conversation...

if i am on a call and the person im speaking with gives me a phone number, i used to be able to type it into the dial pad and the number would still be there after i hung up the phone. this is not the case with the n900.

anyone figure out how to do this without going into the notepad then copy/pasting the number back into the dialer?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rariss For This Useful Post:
i miss the build up and excitement, and then the shear joy of getting my mits on my shiny new N900, now we're just lke a married couple. hurry up with the next one nokia.

A xenon flash, I've missed that in all my other phones since my SE k800