Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Hi,

Is there a possibility that Nokia can provide a phone for trailing for a month or so. I don't want to burn my dollars again without knowing whats in it (even though spec sheet says clearly , so preachers refrain from responding !)

Having used Nokia for as all my mobile phone life I couldn't believe that the latest offering (at the time I bought n900 ) will miss their basic phone features (even thought it is a tablet not phone da da da )

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Hahahahahaha... Freebys, ey?
I doubt they will

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Hi,

Is there a possibility that Nokia can provide a phone for trailing for a month or so. I don't want to burn my dollars again without knowing whats in it (even though spec sheet says clearly , so preachers refrain from responding !)

Having used Nokia for as all my mobile phone life I couldn't believe that the latest offering (at the time I bought n900 ) will miss their basic phone features (even thought it is a tablet not phone da da da )
Sure, it's ok with me! Give them a call! Tell them Geneven sent ya!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Hi,

I have one you can test.. pm me ur address.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
They hand them out to review sites to keep or use for a month.

I do know that at any Nokia store, you can walk in and use the phones (not the dummy phones) before buying them.

Developer devices aren't given out for review. They're given to developers...to develop for.

Review devices are given out for 2 weeks at a time, to bloggers, "influencials" and reviewers. You might want to provide another reason other than "to save money" as to why you'd be relevant to giving one out?

As long as we're putting requests in, I too would like a free phone/loaner/review phone. I don't have any real qualifications or anything either. I'm not a writer and not an influencer.

Just putting that out there. Let me know what you think, Nokia!

hold on now... did i miss it? where is the official specs sheet to even look @ first?

So if I attend the Meego conference do you think I would have a chance or getting one? Im quite keen to develop my app on this platform, the N9 looks amazing.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Yeah, I once tried this with the Ferrari Enzo but didn't get one. Outrage!