I quite like some of the features with the original facebook app. I like the plugin which comes with it that allows the uploading of pictures direct to specific photo albums within facebook. I also quite like the widget that shows friends status updates. Although I think this would be greatly improved if the widget could be resized, as the current one is often too small to see friends status updates in full.The ability to pause the scrolling on this widget and also to scroll manually through the status updates rather than be limited to the automatic scrolling that there is at present would be great.

I think these few adjustments would make the app far more usable. What would make this app essential for facebook users would be if tapping on the app would log you in directly to your facebook account rather than just taking you to the login screen. Some users may also like the ability to change where the widget takes you to, for example to a facebook "lite" site rather than the full site.

I'm not entirely sure who is responsible for the current app or if these suggestions could be implemented. So any thoughts, suggestions or support would be greatly welcomed. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to superfly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
hi

hmm i would prefer something that is more like the facebook app on the iphone. i mean why is there a widget and at the end i have to go on the web site anyway?

cu assetburned

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to assetburned For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
I'm not entirely sure who is responsible for the current app or if these suggestions could be implemented. So any thoughts, suggestions or support would be greatly welcomed. Thanks.
I think Facebook developed it themselves.. though don't hold me to that.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Colorado
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I think Facebook developed it themselves.. though don't hold me to that.
When I post pictures from my n900 it says they were posted via "NokiaN900" And the developer is "Maemo Fairchild" Maybe we could send them a PM over Facebook and ask for source code to improve?

It also says on the App page "This app was not developed by facebook" lol
My Site and Blog

Last edited by Kurele; 2010-04-02 at 00:03.

Ahhh, so we are getting closer to soving the mystery then. So if we ask very nicely and get the source code.... do we have anyone willing to give this a bash then lol.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Cmon guys we have a browser that supports Ajax and therefore we can even use Facebook chat if we want to.

"Having an app for that" is for (i)PlayPhones. We can use the real deal. No time for messing about with "would be" versions of services.

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
*being able to update status's from status area (using mstatus)
*being able to upload pics and vids using sharing
*being able to have facebook chat integrated into my contacts

does everything i could want ... if i want to view facebook i just go to the site.

the only request i could have is a nice looking, app sized icon i could place on my desktop that takes me straight to facebook site of my setting (lite, mobile or full) and signs me in automatically. (i dont like the size or look of the bookmarks you can place on the desktop)

***EDIT*** hmmmm i could actually add a facebook icon to touchsearch!