Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hey guys,
I'm still wondering about a couple of things here.
First, the RAW images look right with 4:3 resolution, but the appear to be just 640:480, which cant be right (the JPEGs are much, much bigger)

Second, I've been searching in the gdigicam.conf file, and found the values vi_ described. I wanted to change them, but i cant find a manual or anything about that. also, when changing gdigicam.conf, the standard DSPencoder wont use the jpg quality setting (seen that on the forum here), and i cant seem to find FreemanGordons version. Where can i find that?
Thanks!

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
After thinking about Woodys comment, i tried taking a picture with a 4:3 resolution: The RAW images taken that way are correct, so I think Woody is right here. Still, where can i find that X value?
Thanks!
If you take a raw pic at full scale as jpg, it should be the same size X wise as the raw. Take a raw pic and save to jpg, look at it's details, then take another raw as raw and use that X. Should work? Raw may add a few pixels to each side as well (black framing pixels). So you may need to add a few for that as well, as most processing systems will chop those off. Smarter systems use those black areas to adjust for or detect noise levels in the raw image.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
IIRC, it's stopping the tracker, check previous posts.
You can try profiling it with these tools: http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...o5#Performance

Thanks.

Now I see them in /usr/bin/camera-ui-set-priorty

I tried to comment them all out to see the effect. But then I notice that script isn't run when the camera lid is opened or closed. Is it not what I think it is? It seems to get run when I kill the camera-ui process.

Guess I will have to do some debugging and tracing and see that goes.

Thanks again.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pigeond View Post
Thanks.

Now I see them in /usr/bin/camera-ui-set-priorty

I tried to comment them all out to see the effect. But then I notice that script isn't run when the camera lid is opened or closed. Is it not what I think it is? It seems to get run when I kill the camera-ui process.

Guess I will have to do some debugging and tracing and see that goes.

Thanks again.
The video capture pipeline is reinitialized on every lid opening, otherwise the first captured video is 4-8 fps lower than next ones.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
The video capture pipeline is reinitialized on every lid opening, otherwise the first captured video is 4-8 fps lower than next ones.
Are you saying that the old camera-ui or old N900 system was not doing that?

Originally Posted by pigeond View Post
Are you saying that the old camera-ui or old N900 system was not doing that?
if by "old" you meant "stock" - how I am supposed to know that, stock camera-ui is closed source so I have NFC what it is doing behind the UI.

In other words - I said what I said.

EDIT:
BTW /usr/bin/camera-ui-set-priorty is run when you start/stop video recording, it pauses/resumes tracker accordingly.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-03-14 at 07:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Hello

After installing kp50, the high res video options no longer work. any workaround?

Thanks
Guylhem

Originally Posted by guylhem View Post
Hello

After installing kp50, the high res video options no longer work. any workaround?

Thanks
Guylhem
Search KP thread on how to increase your DSP voltage when SR is enabled.

And please move the discussion on the same(KP) thread.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
hello guys . can anyone give me the link to download the latest version of (camera-ui)

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by AnasSyria View Post
hello guys . can anyone give me the link to download the latest version of (camera-ui)
Its included in the latest CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle