Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
When I click file>open> and then choose my external SD card, NOTHING shows up in the box. No folders. no files. No .docs, no .rtfs. Nothing. If I copy files from that card to the internal card, they show up and open just fine.
I notice all your names there begin with a dot. In Linux files and folders that begin with a dot are hidden to most normal applications.

I just tried AbiWord in debian and got the same results in my MyDocs folder that has .documents .videos etc.

Im not sure if this port open screen looks the same but in the upper left there is a pencil with paper that allows you to type a name... see if you can typw it in manually??

Just a thought...

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I notice all your names there begin with a dot. In Linux files and folders that begin with a dot are hidden to most normal applications.
I'm not sure I'm following. .doc and .rtf are file types, not names. The filename would be something like foo.doc or foo.rtf.

At any rate, nothing shows up at all off mmc1.

Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
I'm not sure I'm following. .doc and .rtf are file types, not names. The filename would be something like foo.doc or foo.rtf.

At any rate, nothing shows up at all off mmc1.
ok.. i misread. These nokias have a .documenst folder as the default document folder which i find to be very strange.. most linux don't use hidden folders for normal file locations.. i thought maybe u had set something similar up on your mmc.. bunch of .directories.

ill load the port and see if my mmc's work..

Can anyone give me the data to add extras-devel repository?

Thanks!

For what its worth.. problem doesn't exist on mine. Went to file -> open and chose external sd card and everything is there.

it appears to use the built-in file manager.. can u see the files in the built in file manager?

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
For what its worth.. problem doesn't exist on mine. Went to file -> open and chose external sd card and everything is there.

it appears to use the built-in file manager.. can u see the files in the built in file manager?
yup. but abiword shows nothing.

Just installed Abiword without problems. Thanks - this is great!!!

Regarding file open. I can browse all folders locally and over my wifi network to my Windows PC. So far all files are visible, regardless of append. However, I get an error trying to open a recent word document over the network. If I go to the Nokia File manager first, I can copy the word doc to say 'documents' and Abiword opens it fine.

I'd be glad to supply more information or add clarification if necessary.

Two questions
1. should Abiword support any version of Word Perfect file?
2. How are .txt files handled? (saving etc)
Thanks.

Derek,

Do files on your external card show up in the file>open dialog?

Gah. I reboot the tablet and now it works fine. Go figure.

Tags
abiword, office