Notices

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
the thread is saying "Announce" so thought it is out ...anyway i am waitingfor the game. thanks!
you didn't notice the "almost" part like me, we all got punk'd

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yeah, I assumed thread might turn out like this But, as I said, the game is a few days from release, at most, so stay tuned, I think it might be worth the wait.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
wow, this is amazing

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
this looks very promising.

Just for the sake of asking how many lines of code does your app consist of

What a coincidence - I was just counting 12769 at the moment. And I'm hoping it's final. As you can see, we missed our planned release for the weekend, but you probably saw that coming. I'd say Maemo build is final, working smoothly, unless we see some last-minute bugs. I'm now off to touch up the Android build a bit, and if I don't get hit by a meteorite or something, the game will be released today, in a couple of hours if all goes right. Android build was holding us back mostly. There were some god-awful bugs related to SDL_mixer linkage that manifested only on some devices, I thought we're doomed. But it's ok now, everything seems to be working. We mainly just need to package releases for all the platforms and setup the download section on our site

Last edited by TheBurek; 2011-03-31 at 06:34. Reason: Terminology

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
We mainly just need to package releases for all the platforms and setup the download section on our site
If it's free, then post the package here...

I guess you could postpone the release and enter the meego coding competition with this game?

Can't do that, tonight is the deadline for an Android competition we entered a month ago And while we're at packagind, turns out I have no clue how to make a proper DEB. My project is written in Eclipse for C/C++ and its make scripts are all generated by Eclipse and as far as I can see, those can't provide any easy way to make a DEB. Any hints? Good guides? Volunteers maybe? If I don't figure this out soon, I'll just dump the binary with its data files in a ZIP or something, cause I'm really anxoius to release it already. I can take care of the nice packaging later.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
turns out I have no clue how to make a proper DEB. My project is written in Eclipse for C/C++ and its make scripts are all generated by Eclipse and as far as I can see, those can't provide any easy way to make a DEB. Any hints? Good guides? Volunteers maybe? If I don't figure this out soon, I'll just dump the binary with its data files in a ZIP or something, cause I'm really anxoius to release it already. I can take care of the nice packaging later.
Easy:

- mkdir -p reverstris-lite_0.1_armel/DEBIAN
- in reverstris-lite_0.1_armel create the folder structure with how the files should reside on the N900, i.e. mkdir usr/... opt/... whatever, put the files there
- into DEBIAN/ copy a file control, which you should just copy over from some deb you already have, you can extract it there with:
dpkg -e the-other-deb-file-name.deb reverstris-lite_0.1_armel/DEBIAN
- edit the control, it's selfexplanatory, put in the details, like name of the package etc. easy
- if you need postinst scripts i.e. something that should be done after the deb is installed, create postinst postrm etc. scripts in the DEBIAN directory, you can find examples of these in many debs you have.

Generate the deb with:
dpkg -b reverstris-lite_0.1_armel

That's it, easy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jj0 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, games, reverstris