Notices

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
Full screen mode - screen is redrawn once a text entry box is clicked, after that it works fine.
Weird, I don't have to do this on the MADDE emulator.

Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
Where does PMEA create the configuration settings for Opera
after it has finished installing? I may need to add a symlink to the
MyDocs folder and SDCard
Midlet configuration information and PIM data are usually stored
in one of the subfolders of:

/home/developer/phoneme/midp/midp_linux_fb_gcc/appdb

Davy

The Following User Says Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Opera and microemo-demo worked fine on my N900, impressive speed. I didn't test much.

Link to thread on forum.meego.com to follow feedback from meego community.

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=5653

DavyP, is it possible to change code page to Central and East European Latin (Windows-1250 or ISO-8859-2)? Some characters are missing in Slovenian OperaMini.
Attached Images

I found these dictionaries and tested English-Croatian 0.61n MIDP-2.0 Max which works quite fine with stylus.

my .sh file
Code:
#!/bin/sh

$PWD/bin/cvm -Xmx12m -Dmicroedition.profiles=MIDP-2.1 -Dsun.midp.library.name=midp -Dsun.midp.home.path=$PWD/midp/midp_linux_fb_gcc -Dcom.sun.midp.mainClass.name=com.sun.midp.main.CdcMIDletSuiteLoader sun.misc.MIDPLauncher -suitepath /home/user/MyDocs/KODi_ENG-HRV_v0.61n_MIDP2.0_FULL.jar -jadpath /home/user/MyDocs/KODi_ENG-HRV_v0.61n_MIDP2.0_FULL.jad -1 MainCl
Attached Images

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
This is not a code page issue, but a font issue. The phoneME VM is only able to draw a certain subset of characters because it uses a builtin font bitmap with those character to draw them. It is actually a bit more complicated: the font bitmap is first converted into C code that draw these characters as fast as possible. This C code is compiled directly into the VM, so not easy to replace, and it is not possible to convert all characters this way due to the huge amount of code it would generate.

I would need to rewrite the text drawing routines to use Qt4's backend rather then the built-in techniques. This is not straightforward to get right, because when done wrong it could significantly affect the text rendering performance.

Some midlets come with their own text rendering techniques. The Opera Mini 4.2 in the above screenshots and the dictionary application seem to be two examples. They circumvent the text drawing routines by drawing everything themselves on a midlet Canvas or GameCanvas.

So yes, I am aware of the issue, and when I have time I will look into it.

Davy

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Note: ROTATION does work, as well as full screen. Requires going into a text entry screen where there is a very brief green flash before appearing the correct size and orientation.

Screenshots to follow when I get home

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
I tried with an N9, but it doesn't work for me.

I copied the files to the root directory (/phoneme) then I tried to launch opera.sh but permission denied.

What did I wrong?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@DavyP - can't believe how fast is opera, thanks a lot man. There is a little problem though - JVM segfaults on exit.

EDIT:
segfault happens only when started under root account.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-01-30 at 19:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arthuro_Adam View Post
I tried with an N9, but it doesn't work for me.

I copied the files to the root directory (/phoneme) then I tried to launch opera.sh but permission denied.

What did I wrong?
If you extracted to root folder as root, your user account probably won't have rights over it.

I'd recommend extracting it to your $HOME folder instead. Don't know what it is on the N9, but MeeGo CE is /home/meego. Create a /home/meego/phoneme folder and try it there.

You may have to set permissions on the folder as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post: